Farrell signs

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
ian.birchall

Farrell signs

Post by ian.birchall »

A new five year contract for Owen Farrell from Saracens.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
medlocke

Re: Farrell signs

Post by medlocke »

Lost to the darkside forever
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

No surprise there.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Fawdoffshed wrote:I was talking to a top Wigan RL scout recently and he told me that Farrell was already a millionaire from his earnings in RU. You can't blame him for signing such a lucrative deal. What has RL to offer him apart from dubious happenings which seem to suggest that our great game is fixed?

Our game is in a right mess.

990k a year
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

BriH

Post by BriH »

OAMJSON wrote:
Fawdoffshed wrote:I was talking to a top Wigan RL scout recently and he told me that Farrell was already a millionaire from his earnings in RU. You can't blame him for signing such a lucrative deal. What has RL to offer him apart from dubious happenings which seem to suggest that our great game is fixed?

990k a year
Enough said!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

RU can only offer him this sort of money for two reasons.

1. It's promotion of the game Internationally
2. It's recognition that TV contracts pay the wages (via increased sponsorship due to TV exposure as well as the basic TV money).

RL has failed to grasp either nettle.

It has in the UK spent more time promoting the magic weekend than international RL. In Oz the State of Origin rules. It works OK in Oz but here RL is already seen as some second string virtually amateur sport. Take the CC away from Wembley as has been rumoured and you may as well confine RL to oblivion as a pro sport.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

BriH wrote:
OAMJSON wrote:

990k a year
Enough said!!!

this is what i beleive he was on ;last year may have gone up now
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White