The answer to one problem?

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
ian.birchall

The answer to one problem?

Post by ian.birchall »

Kitman Labs.
Article in Thursday Daily Telegraph tells how they offer an 'athlete optimisation system' which reduced injuries at the South African Super Rugby side by 30% as well as being used by the British Lions recently in NZ and other clients are Bath and Leicester RU sides as well as Everton and Norwich City.
Must be worth a look after our record over the past 2 years.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: The answer to one problem?

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

It isn't working for Everton, we have a dreadful record when it comes to injuries!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
kevbrown1980

Post by kevbrown1980 »

As a Norwich fan I can say we don't tend to get many injuries and certainly not many long term injuries
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:It isn't working for Everton, we have a dreadful record when it comes to injuries!
Your having a bad time recently
:D

I now know the reason for injuries at Wigan its you for supporting them. Blooming jinx
TrueBlueWarrior

thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:It isn't working for Everton, we have a dreadful record when it comes to injuries!

I now know the reason for injuries at Wigan its you for supporting them. Blooming jinx
Just said on another thread, avoid who I support!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote:

Why don't you try supporting saints for a season or 2 :D :D :D . Sorry will wash my mouth out.
TrueBlueWarrior

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote: Your having a bad time recently

Why don't you try supporting saints for a season or 2 :D :D :D . Sorry will wash my mouth out.
....or Leeds?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ian.birchall wrote:Kitman Labs.
Article in Thursday Daily Telegraph tells how they offer an 'athlete optimisation system' which reduced injuries at the South African Super Rugby side by 30% as well as being used by the British Lions recently in NZ and other clients are Bath and Leicester RU sides as well as Everton and Norwich City.
Must be worth a look after our record over the past 2 years.
I always thought Wigan were leaders in adopting things like this and when the facility at Orrell was set up and there was talk of all sorts of monitoring of players going on I thought, great.

In fact if you look at the video of our new young Aussie signing in the gym he is obviously having oxygen and/or lung capacity levels monitored so all looks good.

What then goes wrong between the sports science being applied and the pitch? Something does because we have an injury prone squad and a squad that often looks unfit and knackered.

You can employ all the sports science you want but if you leave it in the gym it's going to be useless. By this I mean if you don't combine it with a proper diet and laying off the booze (to give two examples) you undermine the gym work.

Given the overweight look of some of our players and plenty of reports of boozed up players out and about in town I think Wigan would be wasting money buying this system.