Has Trump Lit the Touchpaper?

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wandering Warrior

Has Trump Lit the Touchpaper?

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Trump's declaration of who's city Jerusalem is will trigger the time bomb. I can't believe that this billionaire is so stupid to do and say some of the things he does.
The Middle East is a right powder keg and if Trump thinks banning Muslims from the USA will save his citizens from trouble on homesoil he's sadly mistaken!
May and her cronies plus Trump would fulfil all the requirements for a new series of Wheel Tappers and Shunters Club.
Merkel could make a guest appearance!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
DaveO

Re: Has Trump Lit the Touchpaper?

Post by DaveO »

To be fair May has not endorsed this and we are not about to follow suite. I know she hasn't roundly condemned the US and Trump but then when you are desperate for a trade deal your see your hands as tied (even if the greater good would be served if they were not).

What has Merkel said on this? I have seen nothing from her.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

On the up side, the way things are looking, neither Trump nor May look like lasting much longer. Both will have managed an extraordinary amount of damage in a very short time, though.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Im glad Trump has remained fairly uncensored. It may put people off protest voting in future!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Im glad Trump has remained fairly uncensored. It may put people off protest voting in future!
Good point,assuming the FBI investigates him fully the fat fool should be brought up on charges after that well who knows,all he has done is bring the office of president into disrepute if it wasn’t so dangerous it’d be funny.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Im glad Trump has remained fairly uncensored. It may put people off protest voting in future!
I guess you have not visited some of the more wacky parts of the USA?

I have been lucky enough to travel around it extensively and have also been sent there for work a few times.

It's a country of striking contrasts. Cosmopolitan cities like Boston, NY, San Francisco and Seattle are have a strikingly different attitude on the whole to some of the more isolated areas and even some large towns and cities where the "red neck" monicker is worn as a badge of honour.

They love Trump in those places. They even make Grimsby seem the height of internationalism.