Ellery Hanley Match-Worn Wigan Home Shirt For Sale!

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Bert's Medal

Ellery Hanley Match-Worn Wigan Home Shirt For Sale!

Post by Bert's Medal »

Treat yourself or a loved one to the ultimate Wigan Rugby Christmas gift!

I am reluctantly selling an Ellery Hanley match-worn Wigan shirt. It is from the first three months of the 1988-89 season and is a home shirt (Cherry & White) – I believe that it was worn in the home match versus Widnes.

The shirt is arguably the best ever Wigan kit (the irregular Cherry & White hoops worn from 1984 to 1989) and is match-day heavyweight, has the 3 Umbro badges (one on the breast plus one on each sleeve) worn on the official players’ shirts, has reinforced seams plus is numbered with Hanley’s iconic 13.

I have owned this shirt since December 1988 and have never worn the shirt nor washed it. The shirt may have been laundered by the club post-match and it is in a fabulous, pristine condition, without a single blemish. Indeed, the great man could put this shirt on and take to the field again, owing to the fantastic condition it is in. I have really looked after this shirt and it has never been framed.

This shirt has a unique feature that illustrates an important point in our great club’s history.

This is a rare opportunity to own a unique match-worn shirt by arguably the greatest player to play for Wigan. There isn’t another shirt out there like this, which reflects the asking price of £500.

Apologies, I don’t know how to upload photographs onto the website, but will happily email photos to the email addresses of genuine enquirers.

BTW, I live in Wigan.

Cheers!

Steve.