E-Cigarettes Found to Have 10 times More Cancer Causing Ingredients than Regular Cigarettes

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
DaveO

Re: E-Cigarettes Found to Have 10 times More Cancer Causing Ingredients than...

Post by DaveO »

bill.inger wrote:I enlisted in HM Forces in 1958 and smoking was virtually mandatory. I went from five Woodies to twenty Players in a couple of weeks. Ten years back, I decided enough was enough and I had to quit, the damm things were killing me. We (wife and I) went away for a week and I vowed not to smoke. After three days I knew I could do it and after the week was up I was going for hours on end not thinking about cigs.
I think now, I've cracked it but occasionally I get a whiff and think "Yes, I could murder a fag".
That'll always be there so I' m still giving them up but I consider myself a non-smoker rather than as ex-smoker.
Hope this helps those who are seriously trying to quit.
My late Dad gave up for 11 years the first time he quit. Then he started going fishing with my Uncle who offered him the odd cigar. Eventually that led to him being back on the fags.

Some time later he had a cancer scare and stopped overnight again and never took another drag for the rest of his life.

This took some doing in my opinion because my Mum smoked like a chimney and carried on smoking right in front of him as if nothing had changed.

I think there must have been something in my Dad's metabolism that meant he was less addicted to the nicotine than your average person otherwise I am not sure how he could have done that.

I myself have never smoked but I guess I consumed more than enough secondary smoke as a kid.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

My mother never smoked & when she had her first heart attack in 1987, she was asked how many cigarettes did she smoke.

We were brought up in the licensing business, all of us, & I always said it was passive smoking over the years that contributed to her heart attack & the subsequent ones that eventually killed her.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I had a mate that died of passive lung cancer many years ago.
I can honestly say despite my best efforts I never managed to wind him up and this topic has reminded me of the fond memories I had of him.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

What amuses us are the smokers (usually women in this case) who, between drags, hold their cig between first 2 fingers with their hand just behind their shoulder. We haven't worked out if they think they look like 1950s "screen goddesses" or just don't like the smell of their own smoke!

One day I'll douse one with a glass of water.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Smoking. Disgusting. Now we have to suffer idiots spewing out vape everywhere
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
BriH

Post by BriH »

I smoked from I was 16+ until I was 53. Gave them up because I was getting sore throats every day. Still around at 76 but I doubt I would still be here if I had carried on smoking.
Only people who have smoked know just how addictive it is. It took me 10 years to finally pack up.
When I was 16 fags were known then as 'Cancer Sticks'. Says it all really.