E-Cigarettes Found to Have 10 times More Cancer Causing Ingredients than Regular Cigarettes

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
josie andrews

E-Cigarettes Found to Have 10 times More Cancer Causing Ingredients than Regular Cigarettes

Post by josie andrews »

Said it for years, they’re as bad or even worse than cigarettes ????
New research has found electronic cigarettes to contain even 10 times more cancer causing ingredients than the tobacco products they are supposed to save us from.

E-cigarettes are meant to replace a dangerous and life destroying habit, but they turned out to be far more dangerous. But why wasn’t there any research prior to their approval and production – a research that was supposed to prove their safety and viability? And who was responsible for that?

Here is an excerpt from the FDA website, and nowhere on its website does the FDA mention an increased cancer risk. The discussion is mostly regarding standardization or quality control.

FDA: E-Cigarettes: Questions and Answers

Q: What are electronic cigarettes?

A: Electronic cigarettes are products designed to deliver nicotine or other substances to a user in the form of a vapor. Typically, they are composed of a rechargeable, battery-operated heating element, a replaceable cartridge that may contain nicotine or other chemicals, and an atomizer that, when heated, converts the contents of the cartridge into a vapor. This vapor can then be inhaled by the user. These products are often made to look like such products as cigarettes, cigars, and pipes. They are also sometimes made to look like everyday items such as pens and USB memory sticks, for people who wish to use the product without others noticing.

Q: What concerns does FDA have regarding electronic cigarettes?

A: FDA has not evaluated any e-cigarettes for safety or effectiveness.

And there you have it.

Now we learn about this shocking information from sources outside the US. The FDA has a budget of over $4,500,000,000 (4.5 billion) and a track record of corruption and failures. Once again, it turns out that the FDA is a huge waste of taxpayers’ money.

E-cigarettes are being used by hundreds of thousands of underage children and millions of adults with the hope that they are a safer alternative to tobacco products. However, it seems that nothing could possibly be further from the truth. Now we have research, but not from the CDC/FDA – the institutes who we depend on and fund massively to keep us safe and healthy.

There’s no wonder that the cancer rate continues to increase.

E-CIGS HAVE 10 TIMES MORE CANCER CAUSING INGREDIENTS THAN REGULAR CIGARETTES

According to research conducted by Japanese scientists, e-cigarettes contain 10 times the level of cancer-causing carcinogens than regular cigarettes. Until recently, e-cigarettes were recommended as the answer to smoking without the complication of so many dangers.

These electronic nicotine products became hugely popular because people believed that they were receiving a hit of nicotine without the need to worry about any health damage that’s caused by a normal cigarette, loaded with chemicals.

But when the Japanese Ministry of Health commissioned a research, they found formaldehyde and acetaldehyde carcinogens in the liquid produced by many e-cigarette products, stated a health ministry official.

The group also found that e-cigarettes can fuel potentially life-threatening drug-resistant pathogens. This discovery comes from a lab study that tested the vapor from e-cigarettes on live methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and human cells.

According to the official, the formaldehyde carcinogen is much more present in the e-cigarette liquids than in the chemicals used in regular cigarettes.

The researcher Naoki Kunugita said: “In one brand of e-cigarette the team found more than 10 times the level of carcinogens contained in one regular cigarette. Especially when the wire (which vaporizes the liquid) gets overheated, higher amounts of those harmful substances seemed to be produced.”

Kunugita also added that the levels of the formaldehyde carcinogen varied in the final results.

“You call them e-cigarettes, but they are products totally different from regular tobacco. The government is now studying the possible risks associated with them, with view to looking at how they should be regulated,” the Japanese health ministry official said.

Earlier in 2015, the World Health Organization (WHO) advised governments to ban the sale of e-cigarettes to underage people because they posed a serious threat to them.

The UN health agency said that although there’s a lack of evidence regarding the damage caused by e-cigarettes, there was still enough evidence “to caution children and adolescents, pregnant women, and women of reproductive age” about their use. They also added that e-cigs should be outlawed from indoor public spaces.

The US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) stated: “More than a quarter of a million youth who had never smoked a cigarette used electronic cigarettes in 2013, according to a CDC study published in the journal Nicotine and Tobacco Research. This number reflects a three-fold increase, from about 79,000 in 2011, to more than 263,000 in 2013.”
http://kingideas.co/2016/07/e-cigarette ... igarettes/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Josie's friend

Re: E-Cigarettes Found to Have 10 times More Cancer Causing Ingredients than...

Post by Josie's friend »

It's a load of crap, they are having trouble taxing it so scaremongering just like in the UK.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Haven't they been tested in the UK and found to be much less harmful than cigs?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

They’re chemicals surely it’s just as bad as introducing any chemical into the body!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
jobo

Post by jobo »

josie andrews wrote:They’re chemicals surely it’s just as bad as introducing any chemical into the body!
100% correct Josie but for an addicted smoker they are the lessor of 2 evils.

Not sure of the secondary effect they have for non-smokers however.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jobo wrote:
josie andrews wrote:They’re chemicals surely it’s just as bad as introducing any chemical into the body!
100% correct Josie but for an addicted smoker they are the lessor of 2 evils.

Not sure of the secondary effect they have for non-smokers however.
I’ve been next to someone, unintentionally, using one & it emitted as much vapour as a steam train! Plus I nearly choked when I got a mouthful! That’s why I hate them as much as I hate cigarettes.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Nothing more than a crutch for people who can't do it the proper way, if you want to quit then quit, it ain't rocket science
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

I enlisted in HM Forces in 1958 and smoking was virtually mandatory. I went from five Woodies to twenty Players in a couple of weeks. Ten years back, I decided enough was enough and I had to quit, the damm things were killing me. We (wife and I) went away for a week and I vowed not to smoke. After three days I knew I could do it and after the week was up I was going for hours on end not thinking about cigs.
I think now, I've cracked it but occasionally I get a whiff and think "Yes, I could murder a fag".
That'll always be there so I' m still giving them up but I consider myself a non-smoker rather than as ex-smoker.
Hope this helps those who are seriously trying to quit.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

bill.inger wrote:I enlisted in HM Forces in 1958 and smoking was virtually mandatory. I went from five Woodies to twenty Players in a couple of weeks. Ten years back, I decided enough was enough and I had to quit, the damm things were killing me. We (wife and I) went away for a week and I vowed not to smoke. After three days I knew I could do it and after the week was up I was going for hours on end not thinking about cigs.
I think now, I've cracked it but occasionally I get a whiff and think "Yes, I could murder a fag".
That'll always be there so I' m still giving them up but I consider myself a non-smoker rather than as ex-smoker.
Same here, except i wasn't around in 58 nor was i in the army, never smoked Woodies either lol, was on 40 a day and was feeling rough and sick, coughing and spluttering everywhere, decided to quit so went cold turkey, first three days where awful, the next week wasn't that good but after two weeks i'd kicked it, for the next year the cravings where there, been smoke free for 12 years now and don't miss it one bit, the smell of it makes me feel ill, if i'd tried stopping using gum or pads then i'd probably still be smoking today
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote:
bill.inger wrote:I enlisted in HM Forces in 1958 and smoking was virtually mandatory. I went from five Woodies to twenty Players in a couple of weeks. Ten years back, I decided enough was enough and I had to quit, the damm things were killing me. We (wife and I) went away for a week and I vowed not to smoke. After three days I knew I could do it and after the week was up I was going for hours on end not thinking about cigs.
Same here, except i wasn't around in 58 nor was i in the army, never smoked Woodies either lol, was on 40 a day and was feeling rough and sick, coughing and spluttering everywhere, decided to quit so went cold turkey, first three days where awful, the next week wasn't that good but after two weeks i'd kicked it, for the next year the cravings where there, been smoke free for 12 years now and don't miss it one bit, the smell of it makes me feel ill, if i'd tried stopping using gum or pads then i'd probably still be smoking today
The smell knocks me sick ???? it also knocked me sick when I smoked, I couldn’t stand the smell. I was always chewing gum or sucking sweets. If anyone came close to me who had been smoking, it would make me feel quite ill. I could stand it on my clothes. I didn’t smoke in the house, always went outside. If it was raining I’d go in the greenhouse, much to my husbands dismay ????

So I came to the conclusion that if I hated it so much, what is the point, why do it?

I too went ‘cold turkey’ it’s been almost 20 years now & I never find myself wanting a cigarette.

What’s the saying, “there’s nothing worse than an ex smoker”!