For the Computer Wizards

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
medlocke

For the Computer Wizards

Post by medlocke »

looking for a new browser to replace google, cheers
Wigan_forever1985

Re: For the Computer Wizards

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Personally i still think chrome is as good as any

Firefox and Safari are good but to me are more "fancy" bothered more about add ons

what is it about Chrome that you dont like that may help with a suggestion?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

If you are the suspicious type you could try the Tor browser. Based on Firefox but is designed so big brother can't watch you.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

What about Opera? I think it has a built in VPN though never used it myself.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Just use Microsoft edge or Chrome, I've never understood people's reasons for Firefox etc. I used to work on computer networks for the ministry of defence and we just used IE (replaced by Edge) due to its regular updates. Security-wise the others were terrible (marketed as more secure) and a joke to anyone who really knew what they were doing.
The point is use a browser that always gets updated Edge/Chrome, no one is watching you and if for some reason you get targeted it'll be something you clicked on after you got a warning not to.
Without the reason you don't like chrome we can't really help, I personally like edge but I do most browsing through my phone now.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Josie's friend wrote:Just use Microsoft edge or Chrome, I've never understood people's reasons for Firefox etc. I used to work on computer networks for the ministry of defence and we just used IE (replaced by Edge) due to its regular updates. Security-wise the others were terrible (marketed as more secure) and a joke to anyone who really knew what they were doing.
The point is use a browser that always gets updated Edge/Chrome, no one is watching you and if for some reason you get targeted it'll be something you clicked on after you got a warning not to.
Without the reason you don't like chrome we can't really help, I personally like edge but I do most browsing through my phone now.
Been using chrome since it came out, the problem is sorted now
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

i always suggest Firefox, they have good support, it's quick and efficient and doesn't come with loads of unneeded addons.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote:i always suggest Firefox, they have good support, it's quick and efficient and doesn't come with loads of unneeded addons.
I wouldn't touch Firefox with a shitty stick, used to use it years ago, for some reason it was slow as piss on my old pc and laptop both of which where Pentium 4's with plenty of memory, Chrome works perfectly, i just got pissed off with google search bringing up stuff to buy all the time when your trying to research something
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

medlocke wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:i always suggest Firefox, they have good support, it's quick and efficient and doesn't come with loads of unneeded addons.
I wouldn't touch Firefox with a shitty stick, used to use it years ago, for some reason it was slow as piss on my old pc and laptop both of which where Pentium 4's with plenty of memory, Chrome works perfectly, i just got pissed off with google search bringing up stuff to buy all the time when your trying to research something
Without trying to sound snobby pentium 4s are ancient(stopped in 2008). I find the comments strange as
1. Firefox requires much less memory that the others
2. Chrome is google so it sounds like your issue is to do with installed add ons of preferences.

But each to their own i have a high end gaming pc so my view might be scewiffed by that.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote:
medlocke wrote:
Without trying to sound snobby pentium 4s are ancient(stopped in 2008). I find the comments strange as
1. Firefox requires much less memory that the others
2. Chrome is google so it sounds like your issue is to do with installed add ons of preferences.

But each to their own i have a high end gaming pc so my view might be scewiffed by that.
like i said, my old pc and laptop, both have been dead since 2010, I am now on i5 QuadCore, the only add ons i have on chrome are adblock & adblock for youtube