Eddie Jones

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
ian b

Eddie Jones

Post by ian b »

if he thinks league is so crap why was he at the game Friday
widdenoldboy

Re: Eddie Jones

Post by widdenoldboy »

Didn't he have former NRL great Craig Wing in his Japan RU team?

ian b

Post by ian b »

not sure pal but he says that 'league has no skill its just about hurting one another'
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

mickw wrote:what I can never fathom about RU is how the hell a 6 ft 7 brick shouse can't make a single yard in the tackle especially a yard from the line.
I rest my case your honour.
Its not the game though is it, in RU props don't want to break the line because the tackles are active and the ball can be stolen so if they break the line and don't have enough support then they are isolated and it will result in a turn over so the idea is to go down in contact while others are available to ruck

I assumed Eddie was there on a scouting mission, he may not like the game but the players are still desirable even after the Burgess debacle! although i still haven't worked out how they managed to blame Sam for England world cup when while he was one the pitch England were never behind
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
moto748

Post by moto748 »

ian b wrote:not sure pal but he says that 'league has no skill its just about hurting one another'
I think it's pretty clear that one of the few things you can say about Jones with some certainty is that he's one of those people whose public pronouncements have very little correlation with his private thoughts.

The less I see of him at RL matches, the better I'll like it. :angry:

The RU authorities showed themselves to be fools over Sam Burgess: I gather England RU has the biggest pool of pro players to choose of any country in the world. And yet that wasn't enough for them, with their hubris, they thought they could just parachute a league player into their team, and he'd win them the World Cup.

Don't want history repeating itself.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ian b wrote:if he thinks league is so crap why was he at the game Friday
He was a guest of Mr Lenegan.

Perhaps he was here on a scouting mission or maybe Mr Lenegan was touting our players to him!!

????????????????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

ian b wrote:not sure pal but he says that 'league has no skill its just about hurting one another'
:lol: Yeh he did play for Japan RU and IIRC they played an RL style of RU to beat NZ in the world cup!

I did remember him saying something about RL and then played Ben Teo in England RU team.
ian b

Post by ian b »

widdenoldboy wrote:
:lol: Yeh he did play for Japan RU and IIRC they played an RL style of RU to beat NZ in the world cup!

I did remember him saying something about RL and then played Ben Teo in England RU team.
He also said how bad league was and then employed Andrew Johns the week after to teach the England team how to pass and catch, the guy is a tool. On the plus side league got a column in the Guardian because he was at Wigan Friday !!!!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

widdenoldboy wrote:

Japan beat South Africa in the world cup.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

thegimble wrote:
widdenoldboy wrote:

Japan beat South Africa in the world cup.
So they did, not sure what I was thinking :blush: