Football?

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
josie andrews

Football?

Post by josie andrews »

Is the World Cup now the European Championships? ????????

Belgium ????????
Croatia ????????
England ????????????????????????????
France ????????
Russia ????????
Sweden ????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wandering Warrior

Re: Football?

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Definitely.
The South Americans never really travel well.
It's been a very open tournament with twists and turns all over the show.
Any one of the remaining four could win it, but it would be ironic if Belgium played England in the final and the earlier match was all about keeping the powder dry!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Definitely.
The South Americans never really travel well.
It's been a very open tournament with twists and turns all over the show.
Any one of the remaining four could win it, but it would be ironic if Belgium played England in the final and the earlier match was all about keeping the powder dry!
It would be ironic, I’ve had a bet on either Belgium or England to win the final ????
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

https://membership.rugby-league.com/news/52899

Love it ????

But could you see England football reciprocating when England RL are playing in a World Cup??
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

They're coming home, They're coming home, They're coming, Englands coming home. :devi:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Given the obscene amounts of cash that swills around English football you’d think at the very least by now they could have produced a team to have won this tournament if perhaps the clubs spent less on some no mark from where-ever-heckistan then the national side could prosper,this side I fear will go the way of the side in 1990,too much expectation heaped on it and when they don’t deliver,well we all k ow what happens.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

They reminded me of Wigan in the CC game against Warrington, Croatia looked like they wanted it while England looked like they expected to win, Just like Wigan in that game, At least England scored, Moral of the story boys, Don't believe the hype
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

Well,is it me.
Media Brainwashed into believing we have done so well.I am all for feel good factor for the greater good,but come on.

The group stages

Tunisia 1-2 England.Tunisia are not exactly top rate.We should smash them in all honesty.Easy start and we made hard work of it in the end.
England 6-1 Panama.I am quite confident.I could pick a side from the park and give them a run or the local wrestling club.How the hell have they qualified.

England 0-1 Belgium.A nothing game as we have now qualified,so have Belgium.LOST to a load of reserves[a decent quality though].Poor decision to play our B Side.They looked like a B Side and lost an opportunity to build some real momentum for me.Same old England here.

Round 16

Columbia 1-1 England .Lucky not to eventually get done and then just scrape through on penalty's.Against a side that didn't actually play football for most of the 90mins.

Quaters

Sweden 0-2 England.Best result of the comp so far,but realistically,,,,,name 3 Swedish footballers,i couldn't. Hardly playing Brazil.

Semi Final
Croatia 2-1 England. Ok,score a second goal and perhaps things may just be reading better in Today's papers.First real side of any note and we get done.Two soft goals by Croatia and two or three more they should have netted,but for some scramble and luck.

Summary
I hope a very young England side fullfill the get out of jail promises of,,we will be better in 2022,,Building for the future.Which the FA have been building longer than most can remember or been alive.Score some goals in open play and finish your chances may help.I for one dont buy it at all and haven't been brain washed.The mugs who bought into,, footballs coming Home,,The tattoo shops charging £350 for NEXT TIME.When he gets back from 3month in Barbados

4G :eusa1:
PS,what a waste of Beer.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Should have finished off their chances in the first half.
Could have been two or three goals up by half times.

As for the hype, well two wins and that's what we get.
Same in RL. Two decades Stevo told us that we were getting closer to the Aussies. Some believed him, some didn't. Results against the Roos said what they said. The last times we beat them was 2006.

Gary Neville said that only 30% of Premier League are English and that is a major part of the problem. Just shows how clubs get around the "club trained" rules.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

4 Generations wrote:Well,is it me.
Media Brainwashed into believing we have done so well.I am all for feel good factor for the greater good,but come on.

The group stages

Tunisia 1-2 England.Tunisia are not exactly top rate.We should smash them in all honesty.Easy start and we made hard work of it in the end.
England 6-1 Panama.I am quite confident.I could pick a side from the park and give them a run or the local wrestling club.How the hell have they qualified.

England 0-1 Belgium.A nothing game as we have now qualified,so have Belgium.LOST to a load of reserves[a decent quality though].Poor decision to play our B Side.They looked like a B Side and lost an opportunity to build some real momentum for me.Same old England here.

Round 16

Columbia 1-1 England .Lucky not to eventually get done and then just scrape through on penalty's.Against a side that didn't actually play football for most of the 90mins.

Quaters

Sweden 0-2 England.Best result of the comp so far,but realistically,,,,,name 3 Swedish footballers,i couldn't. Hardly playing Brazil.

Semi Final
Croatia 2-1 England. Ok,score a second goal and perhaps things may just be reading better in Today's papers.First real side of any note and we get done.Two soft goals by Croatia and two or three more they should have netted,but for some scramble and luck.

Summary
I hope a very young England side fullfill the get out of jail promises of,,we will be better in 2022,,Building for the future.Which the FA have been building longer than most can remember or been alive.Score some goals in open play and finish your chances may help.I for one dont buy it at all and haven't been brain washed.The mugs who bought into,, footballs coming Home,,The tattoo shops charging £350 for NEXT TIME.When he gets back from 3month in Barbados

4G :eusa1:
PS,what a waste of Beer.
Perhaps if you had just put you don't like football you'd have saved the segs on your finger ends?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield