Latics sell off

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
jaws1

Latics sell off

Post by jaws1 »

Now that the sale of the Latics is going ahead how will it affect Wigan RL.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Latics sell off

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Hopefully, things will improve.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

It will only improve once we get our own stadium
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote:It will only improve once we get our own stadium
I know there are those who wouldn’t agree with you but honestly I can’t really see the club ever really being in a strong position until they have our own ground,not that it’ll ever happen of course,just seems dead money renting the ground and if we are being frank treated shabbily by the landlords at times too

Plus on a side note at 22 mill the new owners have gotten a bargain surely?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Weren't they sold a year or so ago? Is this another sale, or the same deal?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote:Weren't they sold a year or so ago? Is this another sale, or the same deal?
Same deal I think it’s gone at a snails pace that’s formsure
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Havent the new owner said the only reason they went through with the deal was with the warriors as tenants as just latics was to much of a risk ????.

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

. You think the club should spend £20-30 million on a new ground to play about ffifteen games a year.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

jao 711 wrote:
. You think the club should spend £20-30 million on a new ground to play about ffifteen games a year.
Well that's not what he said, is it? Obviously if you have your own stadium, you have to try to maximise the income you can get from it, all the year round, as Saints try to do.

But I don't think for a moment it's feasible, or that either the money or the right site is there.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

fozzieskem wrote:
I know there are those who wouldn’t agree with you but honestly I can’t really see the club ever really being in a strong position until they have our own ground,not that it’ll ever happen of course,just seems dead money renting the ground and if we are being frank treated shabbily by the landlords at times too

Plus on a side note at 22 mill the new owners have gotten a bargain surely?
Have they taken on Latics debt as part of that deal? I know from memory they was in quite a poor state around three years ago. I imagine the stadium is worth more than 22 million and a championship club will need to turn over around 20million just to cover wages. So it's big money. I would love us to develop our own ground but unless I win a few 100 million on the lottery cant see it :doz:
On a plus Robin park may give us our own income and stonger identity on match days. With a bit of attention to it as a facility our other teams can play and train on the door step. If we get a state of the art training facility plus somewhere for pre match post match food/drinks and other WRL related stuff such as junior camps, club shop and so on we may see things turn around with our finance. It would also put us in a stronger position to negotiate re rent and pre game stuff at the stadium and car park wise we get nothing at moment.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!