Another disgusting episode!

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
josie andrews
Posts: 23160
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:17 pm

Another disgusting episode!

Post by josie andrews » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:08 pm

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage.

DaveO
Posts: 13734
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:32 pm

Re: Another disgusting episode!

Post by DaveO » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:40 pm

I saw the video posted on facebook and I have to say I was shocked at the racist language used but even more so at the very idea anyone could think this was a something to joke about and would go to the trouble of building a model tower to burn, complete with little paper model people (most coloured in brown...) hanging from the building.

I am pretty thick skinned but I was really shocked by this.

Even if some moron thought for an instant it was a good joke, they clearly didn't have any second thoughts about it as they spent the time building it. They deserve locking up.

josie andrews
Posts: 23160
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:17 pm

Re: Another disgusting episode!

Post by josie andrews » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:01 pm

DaveO wrote:I saw the video posted on facebook and I have to say I was shocked at the racist language used but even more so at the very idea anyone could think this was a something to joke about and would go to the trouble of building a model tower to burn, complete with little paper model people (most coloured in brown...) hanging from the building.

I am pretty thick skinned but I was really shocked by this.

Even if some moron thought for an instant it was a good joke, they clearly didn't have any second thoughts about it as they spent the time building it. They deserve locking up.
It upset & angered me Dave ????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage.

moto748
Posts: 1845
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:30 pm

Re: Another disgusting episode!

Post by moto748 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:44 pm

It's disgusting, and whilst they do "deserve locking up", I'm not sure it is appropriate to involve the police, or that they should literally be locked up. Name and shame is good enough. Hard cases make bad law, as they say.

DaveO
Posts: 13734
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:32 pm

Re: Another disgusting episode!

Post by DaveO » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:33 pm

moto748 wrote:It's disgusting, and whilst they do "deserve locking up", I'm not sure it is appropriate to involve the police, or that they should literally be locked up. Name and shame is good enough. Hard cases make bad law, as they say.
Well six people have been arrested on public order offenses and four of the were over 40 - 46, two 49 year olds and someone who was 55.

User avatar
ian b
Posts: 845
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:50 pm

Re: Another disgusting episode!

Post by ian b » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:47 pm

should just give em 5 years a piece that would take the smile off their face. This country went too s--t years ago there is no deterent because the people handing out the sentences dont live in the real world

josie andrews
Posts: 23160
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:17 pm

Re: Another disgusting episode!

Post by josie andrews » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:29 am

ian b wrote:
should just give em 5 years a piece that would take the smile off their face. This country went too s--t years ago there is no deterent because the people handing out the sentences dont live in the real world
I am always saying this! It starts with little simple things that are overlooked which lead to bigger things that then get overlooked as the norm

I will give you two instances, they do not seem big things now, but it used to be.

1. When I was young, if you were riding a bicycle at night without lights, you would be fined.

The other night, I was behind a police car that pulled out to overtake a bicycle without lights or any illuminous clothing. They did not even stop if only to tell the rider to get lights fitted!

2. Thirty plus years ago I bought a brand new Ford Fiesta and asked the garage to fit fog lights at the front. “We can do it but it means fitting another switch because you cannot use your fog lights with your main lights unless it is foggy as it is against the law, that is why it has to be separate a separate switch!”.

How many cars today do you see driving with the lower fog lights on??

As I said, little things, but they are allowed to get away with them so people will always push their luck!

A bit like Leeds Rhinos & forward passes, they will get away with at least 8 out of 10 before being penalised ????????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage.

Wintergreen
Posts: 798
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 2:13 pm

Re: Another disgusting episode!

Post by Wintergreen » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:13 pm

Disgusting, pathetic behaviour. No doubt about that, but not worthy of a jail sentence, or even a fine imo.

Freedom of speech (unless inciteful) is vital imo.


That said I agree that the country has gone to pot wrt sentences.

Thieves get away with murder (not literally, but that can only be around the corner).

Some scrote broke into my car a few years back, did over £1000 damage just to get in, plus the stuff they nicked.

My insurance shot up, I felt violated.

Didn't get them, but even if they did it's just a tap on the hand and away they go. Decapitation would have been my preferred option. I would quite happily volunteer to do it.

josie andrews
Posts: 23160
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:17 pm

Re: Another disgusting episode!

Post by josie andrews » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:46 pm

Wintergreen wrote:Disgusting, pathetic behaviour. No doubt about that, but not worthy of a jail sentence, or even a fine imo.

Freedom of speech (unless inciteful) is vital imo.


That said I agree that the country has gone to pot wrt sentences.

Thieves get away with murder (not literally, but that can only be around the corner).

Some scrote broke into my car a few years back, did over £1000 damage just to get in, plus the stuff they nicked.

My insurance shot up, I felt violated.

Didn't get them, but even if they did it's just a tap on the hand and away they go. Decapitation would have been my preferred option. I would quite happily volunteer to do it.
On the way to the Hull Test, I stopped at a zebra crossing on Allaby Rd. A car tried to overtake me, but because it was a single lane, ran in the back of me & smashed my bumper & caused paint damage to the bodywork!

When I got out to see the damage it was an Asian guy driving the other car with two passengers.

I asked “WTF were you doing?”
He replied “Why did you stop?”
“Because it was a zebra crossing!”
“ But why did you stop?”
“ Because there were people on the crossing! What did you want me to do??”

I told him I would have to take his details & report it to the the police!

My friend, who was with me got out, quick thinking, & took pictures of his car, number plate & the damage to mine while I was phoning the police.

Next thing I turned round & the guy, with his two passengers grabbed a suitcase out of the boot & ran off! They’d left the window open, a mobile phone on the floor & empty cans of some cheap cider!

Here’s me telling the police & they said it’s like something off the TV! I was bloody furious.

The car had disappeared when we went pass after the game, I think the police got it before the buggers returned to it after we left it.

Anyway, the car wasn’t taxed or insured & according to my insurance they need to contact Cardiff to discover who the car belongs to.

I’ve had to pay a £100 excess & my car has already been away for a week & still don’t know the outcome of what will happen with my insurance as it wasn’t my fault! I will probably get the money back eventually, but that’s not the point! What if I hadn’t got the money at that time?

These people will more than likely get off with this ????
Meanwhile, I’m without my car & the inconvenience that this episode has caused.

We missed the start of the Test match, again this made me furious & the only highlight of the afternoon was Oliver Gildart’s try.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage.

Wintergreen
Posts: 798
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 2:13 pm

Re: Another disgusting episode!

Post by Wintergreen » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:58 pm

josie andrews wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:Disgusting, pathetic behaviour. No doubt about that, but not worthy of a jail sentence, or even a fine imo.

Freedom of speech (unless inciteful) is vital imo.


That said I agree that the country has gone to pot wrt sentences.

Thieves get away with murder (not literally, but that can only be around the corner).

Some scrote broke into my car a few years back, did over £1000 damage just to get in, plus the stuff they nicked.

My insurance shot up, I felt violated.

Didn't get them, but even if they did it's just a tap on the hand and away they go. Decapitation would have been my preferred option. I would quite happily volunteer to do it.
On the way to the Hull Test, I stopped at a zebra crossing on Allaby Rd. A car tried to overtake me, but because it was a single lane, ran in the back of me & smashed my bumper & caused paint damage to the bodywork!

When I got out to see the damage it was an Asian guy driving the other car with two passengers.

I asked “WTF were you doing?”
He replied “Why did you stop?”
“Because it was a zebra crossing!”
“ But why did you stop?”
“ Because there were people on the crossing! What did you want me to do??”

I told him I would have to take his details & report it to the the police!

My friend, who was with me got out, quick thinking, & took pictures of his car, number plate & the damage to mine while I was phoning the police.

Next thing I turned round & the guy, with his two passengers grabbed a suitcase out of the boot & ran off! They’d left the window open, a mobile phone on the floor & empty cans of some cheap cider!

Here’s me telling the police & they said it’s like something off the TV! I was bloody furious.

The car had disappeared when we went pass after the game, I think the police got it before the buggers returned to it after we left it.

Anyway, the car wasn’t taxed or insured & according to my insurance they need to contact Cardiff to discover who the car belongs to.

I’ve had to pay a £100 excess & my car has already been away for a week & still don’t know the outcome of what will happen with my insurance as it wasn’t my fault! I will probably get the money back eventually, but that’s not the point! What if I hadn’t got the money at that time?

These people will more than likely get off with this ????
Meanwhile, I’m without my car & the inconvenience that this episode has caused.

We missed the start of the Test match, again this made me furious & the only highlight of the afternoon was Oliver Gildart’s try.
Ridiculous. Again the people who suffer are the victims.

What on earth has gone wrong with this country?

Post Reply