Another disgusting episode!

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
josie andrews

Another disgusting episode!

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Re: Another disgusting episode!

Post by DaveO »

I saw the video posted on facebook and I have to say I was shocked at the racist language used but even more so at the very idea anyone could think this was a something to joke about and would go to the trouble of building a model tower to burn, complete with little paper model people (most coloured in brown...) hanging from the building.

I am pretty thick skinned but I was really shocked by this.

Even if some moron thought for an instant it was a good joke, they clearly didn't have any second thoughts about it as they spent the time building it. They deserve locking up.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote:I saw the video posted on facebook and I have to say I was shocked at the racist language used but even more so at the very idea anyone could think this was a something to joke about and would go to the trouble of building a model tower to burn, complete with little paper model people (most coloured in brown...) hanging from the building.

I am pretty thick skinned but I was really shocked by this.

Even if some moron thought for an instant it was a good joke, they clearly didn't have any second thoughts about it as they spent the time building it. They deserve locking up.
It upset & angered me Dave ????????
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
moto748

Post by moto748 »

It's disgusting, and whilst they do "deserve locking up", I'm not sure it is appropriate to involve the police, or that they should literally be locked up. Name and shame is good enough. Hard cases make bad law, as they say.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

moto748 wrote:It's disgusting, and whilst they do "deserve locking up", I'm not sure it is appropriate to involve the police, or that they should literally be locked up. Name and shame is good enough. Hard cases make bad law, as they say.
Well six people have been arrested on public order offenses and four of the were over 40 - 46, two 49 year olds and someone who was 55.
ian b

Post by ian b »

should just give em 5 years a piece that would take the smile off their face. This country went too s--t years ago there is no deterent because the people handing out the sentences dont live in the real world
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ian b wrote:
should just give em 5 years a piece that would take the smile off their face. This country went too s--t years ago there is no deterent because the people handing out the sentences dont live in the real world
I am always saying this! It starts with little simple things that are overlooked which lead to bigger things that then get overlooked as the norm

I will give you two instances, they do not seem big things now, but it used to be.

1. When I was young, if you were riding a bicycle at night without lights, you would be fined.

The other night, I was behind a police car that pulled out to overtake a bicycle without lights or any illuminous clothing. They did not even stop if only to tell the rider to get lights fitted!

2. Thirty plus years ago I bought a brand new Ford Fiesta and asked the garage to fit fog lights at the front. “We can do it but it means fitting another switch because you cannot use your fog lights with your main lights unless it is foggy as it is against the law, that is why it has to be separate a separate switch!”.

How many cars today do you see driving with the lower fog lights on??

As I said, little things, but they are allowed to get away with them so people will always push their luck!

A bit like Leeds Rhinos & forward passes, they will get away with at least 8 out of 10 before being penalised ????????????
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Disgusting, pathetic behaviour. No doubt about that, but not worthy of a jail sentence, or even a fine imo.

Freedom of speech (unless inciteful) is vital imo.

That said I agree that the country has gone to pot wrt sentences.

Thieves get away with murder (not literally, but that can only be around the corner).

Some scrote broke into my car a few years back, did over £1000 damage just to get in, plus the stuff they nicked.

My insurance shot up, I felt violated.

Didn't get them, but even if they did it's just a tap on the hand and away they go. Decapitation would have been my preferred option. I would quite happily volunteer to do it.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wintergreen wrote:Disgusting, pathetic behaviour. No doubt about that, but not worthy of a jail sentence, or even a fine imo.

Thieves get away with murder (not literally, but that can only be around the corner).

Some scrote broke into my car a few years back, did over £1000 damage just to get in, plus the stuff they nicked.

Didn't get them, but even if they did it's just a tap on the hand and away they go. Decapitation would have been my preferred option. I would quite happily volunteer to do it.
On the way to the Hull Test, I stopped at a zebra crossing on Allaby Rd. A car tried to overtake me, but because it was a single lane, ran in the back of me & smashed my bumper & caused paint damage to the bodywork!

When I got out to see the damage it was an Asian guy driving the other car with two passengers.

I asked “WTF were you doing?”
He replied “Why did you stop?”
“Because it was a zebra crossing!”
“ But why did you stop?”
“ Because there were people on the crossing! What did you want me to do??”

I told him I would have to take his details & report it to the the police!

My friend, who was with me got out, quick thinking, & took pictures of his car, number plate & the damage to mine while I was phoning the police.

Next thing I turned round & the guy, with his two passengers grabbed a suitcase out of the boot & ran off! They’d left the window open, a mobile phone on the floor & empty cans of some cheap cider!

Here’s me telling the police & they said it’s like something off the TV! I was bloody furious.

The car had disappeared when we went pass after the game, I think the police got it before the buggers returned to it after we left it.

Anyway, the car wasn’t taxed or insured & according to my insurance they need to contact Cardiff to discover who the car belongs to.

I’ve had to pay a £100 excess & my car has already been away for a week & still don’t know the outcome of what will happen with my insurance as it wasn’t my fault! I will probably get the money back eventually, but that’s not the point! What if I hadn’t got the money at that time?

These people will more than likely get off with this ????
Meanwhile, I’m without my car & the inconvenience that this episode has caused.

We missed the start of the Test match, again this made me furious & the only highlight of the afternoon was Oliver Gildart’s try.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

josie andrews wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:Disgusting, pathetic behaviour. No doubt about that, but not worthy of a jail sentence, or even a fine imo.

On the way to the Hull Test, I stopped at a zebra crossing on Allaby Rd. A car tried to overtake me, but because it was a single lane, ran in the back of me & smashed my bumper & caused paint damage to the bodywork!

When I got out to see the damage it was an Asian guy driving the other car with two passengers.

I asked “WTF were you doing?”
He replied “Why did you stop?”
“Because it was a zebra crossing!”
“ But why did you stop?”
“ Because there were people on the crossing! What did you want me to do??”

I told him I would have to take his details & report it to the the police!

My friend, who was with me got out, quick thinking, & took pictures of his car, number plate & the damage to mine while I was phoning the police.

Next thing I turned round & the guy, with his two passengers grabbed a suitcase out of the boot & ran off! They’d left the window open, a mobile phone on the floor & empty cans of some cheap cider!

Here’s me telling the police & they said it’s like something off the TV! I was bloody furious.

The car had disappeared when we went pass after the game, I think the police got it before the buggers returned to it after we left it.

Anyway, the car wasn’t taxed or insured & according to my insurance they need to contact Cardiff to discover who the car belongs to.

I’ve had to pay a £100 excess & my car has already been away for a week & still don’t know the outcome of what will happen with my insurance as it wasn’t my fault! I will probably get the money back eventually, but that’s not the point! What if I hadn’t got the money at that time?

These people will more than likely get off with this ????
Meanwhile, I’m without my car & the inconvenience that this episode has caused.

We missed the start of the Test match, again this made me furious & the only highlight of the afternoon was Oliver Gildart’s try.
Ridiculous. Again the people who suffer are the victims.

What on earth has gone wrong with this country?