Lancashire Dialect

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
ancientnloyal

Re: Lancashire Dialect

Post by ancientnloyal » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:32 pm

morley pie eater wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:31 am
ancientnloyal wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:17 am
My sister got a Lancashire Dialect book for Xmas, quite a good read too and many phrases I’ve not heard of and really shows the differences between Bolton, Wigan, Preston etc despite the relative proximities.

Worth a search online for if, couple of quid tops
Sounds good A&L. Can you give us the title & author so we can search for it please?

Thanks, owd lad.

I had a 90-odd year old uncle and auntie in Hindley. My sons were in their teens when we went to see them. There was a crash from the kitchen, uncle went through and we just heard him say "Er's fawed overr!"

After my auntie died, he always praised my sister for taking him shopping. "Er teks mi ter t'Sparrr int carrr."

He'd buy her a pie for taking him, but in school holidays she'd take her son with her and it was downgraded to 2 mini sausage rolls!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lancashire-Eng ... 0902920979

morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:35 pm

ancientnloyal wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:32 pm
morley pie eater wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:31 am
ancientnloyal wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:17 am
My sister got a Lancashire Dialect book for Xmas, quite a good read too and many phrases I’ve not heard of and really shows the differences between Bolton, Wigan, Preston etc despite the relative proximities.

Worth a search online for if, couple of quid tops
Sounds good A&L. Can you give us the title & author so we can search for it please?

Thanks, owd lad.

I had a 90-odd year old uncle and auntie in Hindley. My sons were in their teens when we went to see them. There was a crash from the kitchen, uncle went through and we just heard him say "Er's fawed overr!"

After my auntie died, he always praised my sister for taking him shopping. "Er teks mi ter t'Sparrr int carrr."

He'd buy her a pie for taking him, but in school holidays she'd take her son with her and it was downgraded to 2 mini sausage rolls!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lancashire-Eng ... 0902920979
Thanks, ah've getten it.

morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:11 pm

Sorry A&L, I meant I've got you info and ordered the book. Thanks again for your help.