Tour de France

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
SJ

Tour de France

Post by SJ »

Well we're off on the First Stage. The weather is great in Brussels Who will win. ? No idea. Over all? This Stage ? No idea but I'll guess Sagan
ian.birchall

Re: Tour de France

Post by ian.birchall »

SJ wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:41 am Well we're off on the First Stage. The weather is great in Brussels Who will win. ? No idea. Over all? This Stage ? No idea but I'll guess Sagan
[/quote
Youngest son and me were already fans of Le Tour having first come across it when it came to a one day loop around Portsmouth in 1992 I think.
Then when we were in Paris for the game against PSG in SLII season in 1996 was the day the Tour arrived in Paris on the Champs Elysees.
Wonderful day, then down to Canterbury in 2010 all topped off by the absolutely fantastic experience of the Grand Départ weekend with l'Arriveé in Harrogate when some 400k fans filled the town.
Unbelievable.
What about the last 16kms yesterday, Team Ineos almost wiped out in that crash, a team bike broken in two, the mad frantic dash by the rest of the team to get Thomas back into the bunch before the finish won after that amazing all day break by De Genht holding off Alaphillipe and Pinot in a breakneck descent into St Etienne.
All rounded off last night by a party for the French lady who runs our weekly French conversation group in Harrogate, she refuses to accept she is 60 and insists she is now cinquante-dix, the connection? Her 3 year old cat is named Thibaut after her favourite French cyclist.
And of course the last week of September sees nine days of the World Cycle Championships in Harrogate
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Pleased your enjoying the Tour. It's been great so far good weather. Good commentary exciting racing. Still an open Race. Gee and InEOS look relaxed and riding within themselves Vive la Tour😎🍷cheers!
SJ

Post by SJ »

Five days Racing in the Pyrenees Hope to see InEOS start to come to the fore🏄🏿🚲
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Hate sky/Ineos #allezALM although as usual the time trial and lack of depth have hampered Bardets chances.

Massive pro cycle fan and a great tour so far... highlight De Gendts win... pure racing
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
SJ

Post by SJ »

Yes T Degendt was highlight and A Degendt did well today. I support all the teams out of respect for the sheer dedication and physicallyity of the sport. Great win by Caleb today in that sprint. Inches in it. InEOS my team tho I'm not fanatical. Looking forward to coming weeks. Think Gee looking good for Tour win.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Never supported SKY although wanted Wiggo and Cav to win in 2012.

I have a team but neutral otherwise. Used to hate Discovery/US Postal too.

Just waiting for the Tourmalet, only Paris-Roubaix, for me, is better as a cycle fan! Love that pass!

Can’t see anyone other than Thomas winning this year, it’s sad no GC guys have attacked or raced yet, Ineos have just “been there” and will now see them controlling the climbs, again.

AG2R need to concentrate on time trials else what’s the point!? Movistar always have the same problem... quintana will ride away on a mountain like always but not gain enough time, as always.

Bring back Contador!

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
SJ

Post by SJ »

Moved to mtobike now👍
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I am sans motorbike now

Got a nice push iron though
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Alaphilippe 🚴🏻‍♂️💨💨💨💨 maybe he could...

But tomorrow... Tourmalet! Nothing better than seeing Thomas Voeckler going up the Tourmalet... tomorrow will be grand! One day I will get there (just need Wigan to play Catalan on the same weekend and get a hire car!)

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame