Liam Farrell

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Marathonman

Liam Farrell

Post by Marathonman »

Tonight's TV commentary said Liam Farrell fancys been a marathon runner when he hangs up his boots, I think if he takes it serious with his training, he is capable of running sub 2 HR 40 mins . I can't believe he is only 29 year old, he seems to have been playing for eternity
nathan_rugby

Re: Liam Farrell

Post by nathan_rugby »

Marathonman wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:17 pm Tonight's TV commentary said Liam Farrell fancys been a marathon runner when he hangs up his boots, I think if he takes it serious with his training, he is capable of running sub 2 HR 40 mins . I can't believe he is only 29 year old, he seems to have been playing for eternity
Was it not a tongue in cheek comment?

On what basis can he run sub 2 hour 40?

What running stats do you have for him?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Marathonman

Post by Marathonman »

Sorry for the delay replying, I used to be a sub 2-30 runner in the 1990's, having watched Liam playing rugby & seen the energy he has,I am not saying he will brake 2-40 in his first marathon but if he sticks with it has the potential, to many people jump into the deep end to quickly, he should run 10km, then half marathons for 2 year's , then up his mileage to 70 plus a week, you have to respect the distance, so we will just have to wait & see when he retires from footy.
endoman

Post by endoman »

I seem to remember Andy Goodway running a pretty decent marathon back in the day. Re Farrell, he's obviously got a great aerobic engine, lose a few stones of unneeded muscle and yep he stands a chance of a sub 2:40 after a few years.
Marathonman

Post by Marathonman »

Yes very true, he will soon lose his weight running & plenty of carbs
endoman

Post by endoman »

to be sub 2:30 is an amazing feat, I did a 1;15 half back in the day, with Wigan Phoenix for a few months when home from uni.
Marathonman

Post by Marathonman »

Thats a excellent time endoman, you had natural ability , running a 1-15 , I remember my first 1/2 marathon in Bradford, 1-29 you, should be proud of that time endoman.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Marathonman wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:17 pm Sorry for the delay replying, I used to be a sub 2-30 runner in the 1990's, having watched Liam playing rugby & seen the energy he has,I am not saying he will brake 2-40 in his first marathon but if he sticks with it has the potential, to many people jump into the deep end to quickly, he should run 10km, then half marathons for 2 year's , then up his mileage to 70 plus a week, you have to respect the distance, so we will just have to wait & see when he retires from footy.
Whilst I am not disagreeing that Liam is a fit player, especially for a forward, there is nothing from watching him play that suggests he could run a marathon, never mind a sub 2 40.

Nonsense
Marathonman

Post by Marathonman »

Phii Clarke said Friday night, Liam could run a 3hour marathon, you must have been at game & missed it, I am sure Phil knows him better than we do, athletes are running sub 2-40 in there fortys, I ran 3-09 in my first marathon & got a PB 2-29-05, so it's not impossible, Liam said himself he wants to run marathons
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Marathonman wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:08 pm Phii Clarke said Friday night, Liam could run a 3hour marathon, you must have been at game & missed it, I am sure Phil knows him better than we do, athletes are running sub 2-40 in there fortys, I ran 3-09 in my first marathon & got a PB 2-29-05, so it's not impossible, Liam said himself he wants to run marathons
Phil Clarke spouts rubbish. It was a tongue in cheek comment. I heard the comment.