Accident or design?

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wintergreen

Accident or design?

Post by Wintergreen »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50261047

"His uncle, former Wigan captain Sean O'Loughlin"
ancientnloyal

Re: Accident or design?

Post by ancientnloyal »

Either way a great result! Well done South Africa!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

ancientnloyal wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:28 pm Either way a great result! Well done South Africa!
So you'd rather a country thousands of miles away win, rather than the country that you live in, captained by a lad from Wigan?

:oops: :oops:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Wintergreen wrote:
ancientnloyal wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:28 pm Either way a great result! Well done South Africa!
So you'd rather a country thousands of miles away win, rather than the country that you live in, captained by a lad from Wigan?

:oops: :oops:
Totally.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Totally you would or totally you wouldn't?

If the former, why?
SJ

Post by SJ »

Having watched some of the World Cup games I was looking forward to this game. Sadly it was disappointing I thought!
I couldn't discern any game plan in either team worth describing has "a plan". It was remeniscent of a load of kids chasing about aimlessly in the school play ground. When I say chasing I'm being charitable. The only arguable skill was the solitary try, a kick and collect. Where was the defence. God only knows! Hope Prince Harry enjoyed it. I definitely didn't. Hope Dave O reads this. I would be interested to read his opinions 😀
SJ

Post by SJ »

Whoever has the most penalties Wins. What a game/joke🤓
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

SJ wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:22 am Having watched some of the World Cup games I was looking forward to this game. Sadly it was disappointing I thought!
I couldn't discern any game plan in either team worth describing has "a plan". It was remeniscent of a load of kids chasing about aimlessly in the school play ground. When I say chasing I'm being charitable. The only arguable skill was the solitary try, a kick and collect. Where was the defence. God only knows! Hope Prince Harry enjoyed it. I definitely didn't. Hope Dave O reads this. I would be interested to read his opinions 😀
There was two tries and SA's game plan was to play brutally in both defence and attack, keep the ball in the forwards and ruck the hell out of England. England largely struggled for field position bar a couple of ten minute spells. One for the RU purists but I can appreciate it to some degree. RL is not as expansive or open as it used to be, lots of repetitive drives, with an emphasis on size and fitness and a safety first policy over flair and flowing rugby.
RU and RL are different games and it isn't an either/or choice for me anymore.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Wintergreen wrote:Totally you would or totally you wouldn't?

If the former, why?
Sorry. Totally wanted RU to lose. It hurts RL if they are successful. Unfortunately we're not capable of capitalising right now. Imagine if GB had beat Aus that same day or the next week. But cants happen because we're crap and the Aussies were running scared when the fixtures we're arranged.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
SJ

Post by SJ »

The booze hound wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:15 pm
SJ wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:22 am Having watched some of the World Cup games I was looking forward to this game. Sadly it was disappointing I thought!
There was two tries and SA's game plan was to play brutally in both defence and attack, keep the ball in the forwards and ruck the hell out of England. England largely struggled for field position bar a couple of ten minute spells. One for the RU purists but I can appreciate it to some degree. RL is not as expansive or open as it used to be, lots of repetitive drives, with an emphasis on size and fitness and a safety first policy over flair and flowing rugby.
RU and RL are different games and it isn't an either/or choice for me anymore.
I agree with your RL comments. Not a good watch apart from St Helens these days.
Re RU To say it was the World Cup Final following on from earlier entertaining games I was disappointed. I will be very selective next season tho'Wigan need to emulate St Helens to improve attendances. RU need to start playing RL. To win games by giving away what really amount to unforced errors seems amateur to me