Accident or design?

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wintergreen

Re: Accident or design?

Post by Wintergreen »

Mike wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:50 pm
Wintergreen wrote:Totally you would or totally you wouldn't?

If the former, why?
Sorry. Totally wanted RU to lose. It hurts RL if they are successful. Unfortunately we're not capable of capitalising right now. Imagine if GB had beat Aus that same day or the next week. But cants happen because we're crap and the Aussies were running scared when the fixtures we're arranged.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Well don't want to break it to you but a black man captaining a victorious SA team will do more to promote RU than almost anything else! ;)
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Wintergreen wrote:

If the former, why?
Sorry. Totally wanted RU to lose. It hurts RL if they are successful. Unfortunately we're not capable of capitalising right now. Imagine if GB had beat Aus that same day or the next week. But cants happen because we're crap and the Aussies were running scared when the fixtures we're arranged.

Well don't want to break it to you but a black man captaining a victorious SA team will do more to promote RU than almost anything else! ;)
Not in the UK.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

SJ wrote:Having watched some of the World Cup games I was looking forward to this game. Sadly it was disappointing I thought!
I couldn't discern any game plan in either team worth describing has "a plan". It was remeniscent of a load of kids chasing about aimlessly in the school play ground. When I say chasing I'm being charitable. The only arguable skill was the solitary try, a kick and collect. Where was the defence. God only knows! Hope Prince Harry enjoyed it. I definitely didn't. Hope Dave O reads this. I would be interested to read his opinions [emoji3]
Not sure what you are expecting me to say but I thought the way the game went was predictable. South Africa said last week they were going to try and grind out a win and that is what they did.

This is when all the “flair” in modern RU goes out of the window. Someone else mentioned this game was one for the RU purest and my response to that is that it’s an excuse for when the game reverts to a boring a spectacle.

A boring game with the tries only coming when it was all over.

As to Mike’s point about it not being good for RU England losing, there is probably something in that. The year when England won it my eldest son was in the minis at Chester RU and all of a sudden you could not move for young lads wanting to have a go. Over 30 turned up when normally it was around half that.

Shows the impact of a having a successful international team and the value having a recognised international game in general.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Mike wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:31 pm
Wintergreen wrote:
Mike wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:50 pm Sorry. Totally wanted RU to lose. It hurts RL if they are successful. Unfortunately we're not capable of capitalising right now. Imagine if GB had beat Aus that same day or the next week. But cants happen because we're crap and the Aussies were running scared when the fixtures we're arranged.

Not in the UK.

And there is one of the problems. Short sightedness. Let's keep rugby league in the north of England eh?
I can't imagine many kids in SA or Japan aspiring to be a RL player right now. But as long as RL is played up north then RL will be ok.
(Don't use Toronto as an example, it's small fry in comparison to RU's global reach).
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Being interested in Rugby history any loss Twickenham gets I am all for it.

Well done South Africa.

I don’t like Lewis Hamilton either of that gets on your nerves
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

The booze hound wrote:
Mike wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:31 pm
Wintergreen wrote:
Not in the UK.

And there is one of the problems. Short sightedness. Let's keep rugby league in the north of England eh?
I can't imagine many kids in SA or Japan aspiring to be a RL player right now. But as long as RL is played up north then RL will be ok.
(Don't use Toronto as an example, it's small fry in comparison to RU's global reach).
Not sure how England RU winning the RU world cup would have Japanese or South African kids wanting to play RL. I think you've misinterpreted this thread.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

ancientnloyal wrote:Being interested in Rugby history any loss Twickenham gets I am all for it.

Well done South Africa.

I don’t like Lewis Hamilton either of that gets on your nerves
I don't like it when the football team wins either. Over paid whiners. Picka random pub side to play for us that's what I say. At least you'd get a genuine performance. Semi finals at the world cup, don't make me laugh. They didn't play anyone good until the 3rd 4th playoff!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

To get back on thread :)

Former?
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

If the former, why?
Sorry. Totally wanted RU to lose.

Rugby Union was the winner. Maybe not in the M62 corridor though, eh, so alls well in RL land.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

lol

"Former" Wigan Captain Sean O Lockers? :)