monty betham

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
chrisJJ

monty betham

Post by chrisJJ »

retiring from rugby to become a boxer????

i don't know why he decided to do this, but he has so good luck to him???
To be the best
you have to beat the best
the_cow

Re: monty betham

Post by the_cow »

probably because he's meant to be pretty good like his pa and if he can establish himself he will earn more in a few big fights than he has so far in his rl career.

getting punched in the head cannot be any worse than the pressure rugby puts on your body and he still has a few good years left in him in the boxing ring- ordinary harrison turned pro later than monty. also, perhaps he fancies a new challenge and the thoughts of going back to a relegation dog fight at wakey cant inspire him.

i wish him the best of luck and maybe we shall see him soon fighting over here- though he looked pretty handy on the pitch aswell.
NOBLE OUT PLEASE- YOU'VE HAD TIME AND NOW MY PATIENCE HAS RUN OUT!

IT'S ONE THING TO LOSE, IT'S ANOTHER TO PLAY DIRE AND BORING RL AND THEN LOSE!
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

chrisJJ posted:
retiring from rugby to become a boxer????

i don't know why he decided to do this, but he has so good luck to him???
He's a black belt in some martial art I know that, I think it's judo, although I could be wrong.
Also, its said that his father was also a boxer, so combime the two, and it's not hard to see why he fancies a change, plus there's a lot more money to be made if he can make the grade.
Brett9

Post by Brett9 »

wakefield v cas game? didnt he get sent off and banned for throwing punches in the tackle?
Warrior 4 Life
the_cow

Post by the_cow »

looks like this boxing bug is catching- solomon haumono has quit his contract at quins to go back to boxing according to the beeb.

think these two incidents hints at the shortage of cash in rugby league sadly :(
NOBLE OUT PLEASE- YOU'VE HAD TIME AND NOW MY PATIENCE HAS RUN OUT!

IT'S ONE THING TO LOSE, IT'S ANOTHER TO PLAY DIRE AND BORING RL AND THEN LOSE!