BBC Sports Personality

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
cpwigan

BBC Sports Personality

Post by cpwigan »

I wish they would end this farce :(
FROM A TO B

Re: BBC Sports Personality

Post by FROM A TO B »

As soon as they announced it I turned over.
Wonder if they'll have to give it back when they get done for dodging the cap (not hub cap by the way).

Lots of ALLEGED things about offshore accounts and dodgy dealings.
Can't see it myself though (thereby negating any chance of legal implications, for accusing them of being a bunch of cheating scouse ********)
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
cpwigan

Re: BBC Sports Personality...

Post by cpwigan »

I was not concerned about Stains. Glad they won it BUT the individual URGHHHH :(
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

I was certain that Beth Tweddle would win the Sports Personality of the year after all she is the Best British Gymnast in a long time, I'm not a big follower of gymnastic but I do know that it is one of the hardest sports to train for because there are so many different areas that the person needs to have skills in.

I do not think that Zara Phillips has achieved a great sporting achievement, ok she has had success in horse riding and put a lot of effort into it but after all it's the horse that does the work all she has to do is sit there. I have nothing against horse riding or horse racing but I do not see why the riders get all the credit, knowing when to hit a horse is hardly sport achievement.

I was also a bit surprised that a darts players was nominated for Sports Personality, again I can't say that throwing things at a board is exactly a sporting achieved and darts is a sport that actually encourages people to be overweight because it apparently improves balance.

Things like fishing, darts, horse riding etc are what I consider hobbies but I don't think they are sports no matter how great the achievement in that activity is, also this is not intended to offend people who participate in any of these activities I have nothing against the people involved just the idea of calling everything a “sport”.

This is just my opinion and you are entitled to disagree if you want to.
Bear

Post by Bear »

There was a few posts on english sport several weeks ago, i wouldnt think any one had done anything this year, Panesar looked favorite in my view. but lets face it noone realy diserved it. My opinion<<<<<<<<
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I watched the world gymnastics tournament a few weeks ago when Beth won... she isnt the best gymnast by far, only some russian and usa girls failed to do their routines perfectly and faulting.

I hate it when as soon as someone wins a gold in an obscure sport nobody cares about, we elevate them to stardom. Its stupid. I hate Kelly Holmes now, everytime I see her on the telly she has her two gold medals with her, always. nobody cares... her 1500m race in Athens wasntexactly starstudded, maria Mutola was past it by a few seasons and Gabriella Zabo wasnt there in a poor field.

It makes me sick.

Kevin brown should have won Sports Personality for his water bottle skills.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
DaveO

Re: BBC Sports Personality

Post by DaveO »

Well I didn't watch it but was shocked to hear on the radio on the way to work who had won the individual prize. The report said she was shocked at being chosen as well and I think she is right to be.

I don't know how it was decided but years ago didn't you have to vote by sending in a slip cut from the Radio Times or something like that?

I also can't remember when you got to vote for the best team and of course certainly not from a limited number of candidates via the internet. The BBC forums were predicting saints would get it for weeks because of the three teams nominated they had the easiest fan base to motivate (and I don't just mean Saints fans).

I am not saying Saints didn't deserve it but how many people will have voted for them simply because they are Saints fans or because they are an RL side regardless of how they played in the season?

Dave
Bear

Post by Bear »

I thought saints deserved it if im being un biased.

No other team anything, i thought Noble had a chance at coach for what he did but, i dont know
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I'm actually glad Saints won it, simply because I'm in favour of anything that raises the profile of RL.

I didn't vote though!
the_cow

Post by the_cow »

i didnt care who won the individual award- some of the nominations were a joke- panasar is only starting his career and cant even get in the england team at present, and hatton has not reached his peak yet. i thought it should have been calzaghe or taylor as taylor is the best in his field by a country mile.

goosd point bout saints winning is it attracts a little bbc attention to rl. if sussex had won id have been disgusted- they only won the championship this year because the weather destroyed the end of lancashires season. :angry:
NOBLE OUT PLEASE- YOU'VE HAD TIME AND NOW MY PATIENCE HAS RUN OUT!

IT'S ONE THING TO LOSE, IT'S ANOTHER TO PLAY DIRE AND BORING RL AND THEN LOSE!