I Think It's Time!

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
wiganontour

I Think It's Time!

Post by wiganontour »

After reading this board from the outside for months, and as a fan of both wigan athletic and wigan warriors, it is pathetic the amount of abuse the warriors give the latics and vice versa, i mean when your born in wigan and start to watch wigan athletic, do people feel the need to support saints? and when you born a warrior then why do people think they can't support the latics?

at the end of the day neither team fills thew stadium by quite a long way, and as i have season tickets for both i think i'm one of a few who feels a need to express this point.

OK premiership football is expensive BUT i mean surely it's time for Wigan to introduce a REAL incentive to support both of it's massive football teams! i mean Latics v Watford is hardly an incentive, possibly the most boring game i've ever bin to, but if everyone pulled to gether in wigan like they did with the rugby last year then Latics will stay up, EASILY, what i'm afraid of is the negativty surrounding Wigan Football at the moment.

I'm sure there will be a day when Wigan is united, but until then i'll go back to my spot on reading the board from outside, and leave everyone wanted OUR TOWN to get relegated from the premiership

Goodnight
Mike
Site Admin

Re: I Think It's Time!

Post by Mike »

Its hard to support Latics after a while simply due to the amount of trouble we've had from Latics fans trying to vandalise the site. We got to the stage a few months ago when threads like this would be blocked straight away as they were almost inevitably blatant trolling.

Also, on the occasions last season when I went to a couple of Latics matches, my car was vandalised and the atmosphere was extremely hostile in the stadium. Not something I would like to repeat frankly.

However, I realise this is not all Latics fans, neither is it all Warriors fans who want Latics relegated. The clubs could start bringing the fans together more pro actively, perhaps with a joint season ticket for both teams. Not something I'd take advantage of, but maybe some would.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Truth is we havent had any anti-latics threads or posts in months, that all ended last year. its only the last few days with two known trolls coming onto the board messing things up.

2 completely different sports, I dont give a stuff about qigan athletic as im an arsenal fan. they dont concern me ne bit btw.

and anyway, what if wigan get relegated? the town has done perfectly fine with them in the lower divisions. still not enough support. Wigan will always be wigan, with or without premiership football, as most wiganers support other clubs anyway
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

ancientnloyal posted:
Truth is we havent had any anti-latics threads or posts in months, that all ended last year. its only the last few days with two known trolls coming onto the board messing things up.

2 completely different sports, I dont give a stuff about qigan athletic as im an arsenal fan. they dont concern me ne bit btw.

and anyway, what if wigan get relegated? the town has done perfectly fine with them in the lower divisions. still not enough support. Wigan will always be wigan, with or without premiership football, as most wiganers support other clubs anyway
And that is the length and breadth of the problem. It's no use Latics fans coming on here expressing fury because the rugby fans aren't helping them get decent crowds. It's nothing to do with us.

Latics' fundamental problem is that the majority of footy fans in Wigan are already loyal to other clubs. And it may take more than one generation to change that.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

MY REASONS

This may explain why I don't care for latics it is not the team , as I watched them when young from being a little lad with my dad they were non league first time I saw them they got 7 knocked past them.Then in the league and some FA cup runs .

I watched them alternative weeks with Wigan whoever Iwas at home at first I was footy more than rugby , even then all them years ago some not all latics fans didn't like us going to the rugby .

Then I saw wigan relegated it was this not the glorious years that followed that as made me a lifelong wigan fan , the same thing will have been felt by some people last season . through this period latics were still my team i didnt go to games but was happy to see them do well .

Some of the people who went and still go to latics games I know and they are not what I call 'R REET'
I guess I just don't see the point of following the team in same manner as they do I know this is not all but at this time it was a good percentage OF LATICS followers .

A lot of people who I know dont watch rugby and as far as I know had no interest in latics ,most MAN U or LIVERPOOL fans so apart from the odd comment nothing was really mentioned about rugby .

Then latics get to premier league and wigan have a bad year everyone wants to tell you 'WIGANS TURNING BLUE 'ironic thing is I have probably seen more Latics games than all of them.

I am a wigan fan and proud of my town I also know that football is a bigger sport their are more soccer fans in wigan but most of them follow liverpool or united who play in RED same as wigan thats why town will always be Red and never blue .

Now I dont bare latics any malice just can not find any feeling for them the club I love is WIGAN sorry but no room for anything else.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

To be honest i dont support latics cos i dont like football in general. However i dont really want to see them go down. However, as has already been said us not getting behind the latics is not the problem we aren't football fans. I think thats the thing with football there aren't many true football fans and they wonder why theres trouble and hostility at matches. When you go to a rugby match 90% of the crowd not only support their team, but are fans of rugby. I remember a couple of years ago when it was saints and wigan in a semi-final at jjb (We won by the way ;) ) and me and my uncle havin a great chat with some stains fans about how we prefered winter rugby etc no hard feelings no trouble just a bunch of fans watching the game we love and no mattter what the outcome you shake hands afterwards.

Football just seems to be this clan war type scenario where you support your team and thats it you are a gang type thing. You must have x number of supporters doesn't matter if they like football or not.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

How many of the Latics fans now actually support Latics when they were in the old third division or even when they were in the Championship probably only about less than 10% of current support can call themselves true supports most other fans are those who supported Liverpool, Manchester United/City, Everton and then decided to support Wigan because it was abit closer to go to matches, If Latics get relegated people will lose interest and go back to supporting the other clubs.

The reason many Wigan Warriors fans do not like the Latics is because most of them are not supporting "Wigan", they just want to watch Premiership football and will go back to support other premier league teams should Latics be relegated, that is hardly Loyal support for your town.
dawbz

Post by dawbz »

I can only speak from my point of view, i am a Wigan Warriors fan and don't care to much for football truth be known, but it's my home town and any team coming from Wigan i would like to do well, (when latics are on telly i will watch), however a relative of mine is latics full stop and i know if Wigan Warriors are on tv playing Stains (or any other team for that matter) he would shout and scream as if he was a Stains fan, and i'm pretty sure there are few more like him.
Basically it just gets on my nerves when you get latics fans saying we should support both?, as someone has already stated most footie fans in Wigan support either Man U, Liverpool/ everton ect, so Latics trolls leave us true Warriors supporters alone.
I thank you.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Personally I cannot stand football. As a sport I find it dull to watch ( 0 - 0 draw anyone?) and I hate the "celebrity" status of the game, it's players and how it revolves around money above all else - hardly a message we should be sending out to children.

With all of the diving and rolling around on the floor, the arguing with the ref, the psuedo hard men (how long would roy keane have lasted on a RL pitch?) and the disgusting behaviour of the fans - especially when abroad.

RL fans have misbehaved - however never with staggering regularity with which we are disgraced are at every international tournament - the trouble-makers some how thinking that it makes them "patriotic" to beat someone up because they are from another country.

It just doesn't appeal to me
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Football is overated ,overpaid ,overhyped sport boring to watch(my opinion).
Being a Wiganer through and through any sport that is being played in Wigan i will give my upmost support and i wish the Latics well .
Latics fans last year were in their element when we was at the bottom of pile and i had lots of abuse from them.I dont want to see them get relegated 2 of my brothers are season ticket holders and have watched them through all the minor divisions for the last 30 odd years .
There is too much animosity between the Latics and Warriors fans i cannot see this rift being healed not this generation.I know of people being duel season ticket holders but they are in the minority.
When the Warriors were at rock bottom last year the fans got behind them HOW MANY OF THESE WERE LATICS FANS ?????
Rugby and Football are 2 different sports unlike the Football
Wigan people go to Man U ,Liverpool,Everton,Bolton ,Man City etc
Warriors speccies come from outside of the town people i have spoken to have come from Askham in Furness ,Buxton,Lancaster,Morecambe ,Preston ,Bolton to name a few.