I Think It's Time!

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: I Think It's Time!

Post by Mike »

THanks everyone for keeping this thread sensible. I have moved it to the off topic board as it is really about opinions of the Latics. However, its the most sensible thread we've had about this for about a year and I thank wiganontour for their original post.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

One of Latics' biggest problems - certainly when it comes to recruiting new fans - is the ones they've currently got.

I'll never forget or forgive the way they relentlessly hijacked our message-boards at the dawn of the internet age. Even now, years down the line, every so often one will come along and sneak onto a Wigan RL site, having first disguised himself as an RL fan, and then try to cause as much offence as he can before getting banned.

These people aren't the best ambassadors for their club, especially when it's Warriors fans that their chairman is trying to target to increase their support.

I accept the argument that it's not all of them. But it's not by any means only a small percentage. So many Warriors fans I know have bad stories to tell about Latics fans. My grandson is a Wigan RL fanatic, and him and his mate describe constant rows at school, where kids who follow Latics have nothing but abuse to heap on the town's rugby team, many - by their own admission - repeating what their fathers have taught them.

My next door neighbour, a very respectable chap, is a Latics fan. He's always polite about Wigan Warriors, but I suspect that's only because he knows I follow them. I've overheard his kid spouting offensive trash about our club, and it's obvious where she's getting it from.

Very short-sighted of them, in truth. Because, from the way their Chairman has been trying to woo extra support, it's looking like they're going to need us a lot more than we need them.

Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I have said many times before, both on this board and in general conversation, that I cannot understand why some of the fans from both sets of supporters treat the others with such distain. Like I have said I am a Wiganer born and bred, if Latics are playing I want them to win, if the Warriors are playing I want them to win.

I would not call myself a Latics fan by any stretch of the imagination but I do want them to win when they are playing because I am a proud Wiganer, I am however passionate about the Warriors. If somebody doesn't like the other sport, then why belittle it and say they hope either us or the Latics lose, depending on which sport is your favourite. There are a great number of Warriors fans who despise the Latics but there are many more Latics fans who despise the Rugby. Why is this? The only reason I can think of is jealousy, granted Maurice has said some pretty poor things about the Latics in the past and I can't blame the Latics fans for hating him. I have been watching the Warriors for twenty years now and I haven't heard many jibes at the Latics.
Maybe it's a case of retalliation regarding the Warriors fans turning against the Latics, who knows?

I really wish we could all get along. Just imagine the fan base if both sets of supporters merged, we would have a great following in both sports. It's childish and starting to get very boring and monotonous listening to how many people belittle each others teams. How either sets of fans can say that the JJB is "theirs" is beyond me, I thought Dave Whelan owned it, along with both the Warriors and the Latics.

Bear

Post by Bear »

I hate latics im a warrior for life... I Dont troll as you men call it.
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

get over it...its called banter!

i get plenty back from blue and whites!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!