Latics game

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
the grinch

Re: Latics game

Post by the grinch »

dave whealan used to be a football player for blackburn rovers until he got his leg broken! now he is just a business man and which team make him the most money is all he is concerned about. the pitch is always going to be in bad shape this time of year but as we dont use the pitch we cant be blamed for the state its in.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Who cares what Dave Whelan's preference is? We can't complain that money isn't going into the Warriros, can we.

As regards the state of the pitch, it is bound to get in a mess at this time of year with the bad weather and when we start to play on it, it is bound to get worse. Neither rugby nor football is worse for the pitch than the other. What are the alternatives though, we have a ground of similar standard to Knowsley Road instead of a modern stadium?
Bear

Post by Bear »

Have they ever heard of Wigan Rl have NOT Played on THAT pitch since Hull on the 15th September

who has played on it since... Yes you guessed the scum trespassing on a Rugby pitch to play a pathetic sport. :angry:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Most of the complaints about the pitch-sharing these days seems to come from commentators and summarisers either on Sky, national TV or in the dailies.

These of course are people who can't comprehend that there might be a world outside football, and certainly have no understanding of a town like Wigan, where football, at best, is only on level-pegging with another sport. So whether or not the rugby is to blame, it won't matter to them - all they can see is that Premiership football is being hampered by a poor pitch, which is a mortal sin and must be rectified by any necessary means, even if that equates with sacrificing the innocent.

The one good thing about Latics being relegated, if it happens, is that we'll see much less of these guys. It's nice to know that football folk are just as shallow as RL folk when it comes to talking all day about the top layer of the competition and forgetting that the other layers exist.

Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

A couple of years ago, Jewell blamed us for the state of the pitch when we hadn't played on it for 4 months!

His team are such a load of manure that it should be in perfect condition for the start of our season.

Would love it of they went down.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Alex the Warrior posted:
A couple of years ago, Jewell blamed us for the state of the pitch when we hadn't played on it for 4 months!

His team are such a load of manure that it should be in perfect condition for the start of our season.

Would love it of they went down.
I've been wondering if Jewell might recently have been gagged by his employers regarding this sort of thing. At one time, it was an ongoing issue with him. But I don't think he's mentioned it in quite a while now. Their captain recently had a pop, as I understand, but it was nothing more than a squeak - rather like his performances on the field.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Alex the Warrior posted:
Cruncher posted:
I've been wondering if Jewell might recently have been gagged by his employers regarding this sort of thing. At one time, it was an ongoing issue with him.
I think Jewell has more important things to worry about right now...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------