DEVERE SET FOR WARRIORS MOVE

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Re: DEVERE SET FOR WARRIOR...

Post by robjoenz »

I agree in that he played well at centre, he and Dallas struck up a good partnership and he was always looking for his winger... but I think to get the best out of him we need play him in his favoured position. We all know how talented he is so give Orr some healthy competition for stand off or as I once suggested, have him, Orr and Robinson competing for 6 and 7 (possibly with Orr at scrum half). I think it would be holding him back if his position was decided for him.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

robjoenz posted:
but I think to get the best out of him we need play him in his favoured position.
Don't see why we should. If he is playing at centre and doing well there he'll gain confidence to play in that position but also know that hes a natural centre and can play in that position too. Felxibility is what we need, anyway look at ste wild, is he playing in his natural position?
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Flexible is good yes but Brown is a play maker, he would be best utilised at stand off, I know he can play well at centre but leaving him there won't let him realise his full potential. Wild is playing centre because we are short of centres and he offered a bit of size in the side with the lack of props in the pack.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Who says Kev Brown is a stand-off. Just because he played there for the U21's. HE is a better centre than he ever will be stand-off. Stick with him and we'll be fine.

Been told by Dave Hadfield last night Wild is going to Hull for definate too :( bah yorkshire!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

dancer posted:
Wow somebody agreed with me :D
Me too! In the sense that he is definitely worth a place somewhere, and centre is the most likely spot to be filled, depends on how bad Lammy's injury is, and if we bring Luke back from Cas. (and how Luke performs if we do)