Fielden vs Radford tonight!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
louis0071

Re: Fielden vs Radford ton...

Post by louis0071 »

yeah its over fielden knocked out in 2nd round
wigan till i die
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Mean Dean posted:
Fielden the enforcer i have never actually seen him throw a punch lots of shirt grabbing but no punches now he has been ko'd in the ring i suppose its up to BIG FEKA to knock the **** out of opposing teams. :lol: :lol:
He decked Jason Smith a few years back with a cracking punch.

Boxing isn't as easy as it looks. Most blokes reckon they are 'handy' enough, but when you're in there, it's a different matter.[/quote]
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
right cross

Post by right cross »

i thought yokozuna was a sumo wrestler :D :D not a boxer
Bear

Post by Bear »

Too right...

Feka like you said will T**t the daylights out of some boxers
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
dawbz

Post by dawbz »

louis0071 posted:
fielden is soft ! he should of easy won! HAD WEIGHT advantage as well!
Weight is not a factor to be honest, my brother in law is about 7 stone wet through and believe me you would not want a crack off him, you would be waking up on the floor before you know you had been hit,
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

According to the BBC, he wasn't knocked out, the ref stopped the fight.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 326943.stm

Radford won after the referee stopped the fight early in the second round.
After an even opening round, Radford landed a series of punches straight from the bell in the second, prompting the referee to step in.
"I wondered what the referee was doing when he stepped in," said Fielden.
"I felt OK to carry on, but obviously he didn't agree
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Spot on, Fielden always shows that he is going to throw a punch in altercations on match days. He hasnt the guts to throw it, and twice now in a matter of months he has shown he has a chocolate jaw. OK good for charity, but this has done him alot of harm, players now know how soft he really is.
Aye
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Panchitta Marra posted:
Spot on, Fielden always shows that he is going to throw a punch in altercations on match days. He hasnt the guts to throw it, and twice now in a matter of months he has shown he has a chocolate jaw. OK good for charity, but this has done him alot of harm, players now know how soft he really is.
Aye
Run that by me again! because he is no boxer he is soft, cant see the logic in that at all.
Lets wait till he has a full season in cherry and white before we call someone described as the worlds best prop not too long ago soft. :sly:
right cross

Post by right cross »

you cant beat a good hard tackle, hard and fair sicken them with tackling rather than be sat in dug out[sent off]
WxmWarrior

Post by WxmWarrior »

Have got to say the difference between being able to "handle yourself" and boxing is a country mile apart.

I'd also echo the previous comments - Fieldens reputation on the pitch is earned from years of consistent, first class performances Tackling hard and running over / through defences. Fighting has nothing to do with our game.
"[img]http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7545 ... orsxt9.jpg[/img]"

"...try the veal, I'm here all week.."