Video Ref Decisions

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Bear

Re: Video Ref Decisions

Post by Bear »

I cant say i`ve heard this... but then again i dont know no TOP video refs....

Are you sure you know a top video ref there all rubbish :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

Bear posted:
I cant say i`ve heard this... but then again i dont know no TOP video refs....

Are you sure you know a top video ref there all rubbish :lol:
lol yeah he used to be an international ref (i think) and has definatley been the video ref for some internationals (the last uk tri-nations, but cant remember which game(s))
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

wiganrldeanh posted:
Is it me
Do you think you are someone else?
or are all games having a video ref this season?
If they are, then they need to increase the number of available cameras. At non-Sky games there is only one camera on the TV gantry over the half-way line. That might help with some decisions, but would be of no use at all for checking groundings, and might even not be of much use for some decisions at the opposite side of the pitch if, say, a player has "done a Johnny" and put his foot in touch whilst scoring a try; if it's on the wrong side of the pitch then the camera may well not catch it. Even offsides would be distorted because of the camera angle, so I can't really see much point in this idea...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Nine

Post by Nine »

Speaking of Mr Ganson, he's our ref for Friday. On the field, that is, not VR, who is Klein.
Squad number 18!
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

lets just hope he lets the game flow not like klown last week
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

They have to glamourise the game of Union the best way they can.
Johny W's 'try' was a joke for those who have knowledge of the game.
For those that dont, it looks good.
Take out all the forward passes and the knock on's that occur in all of their matches and the game stops at stalemate. This is at all levels.
My grouch, however, was when Brian Moore commented on the poor attempted tackle by an England player. It just happened that Faz was in the vicinity of the attacking player. Then comes the comment about a poor tackle being made from a 'RUGBY LEAGUE player'
On this web site you will no doubt read lots and lots of comments about Rugby Union coming from my direction. I can only apologise now, but basically I detest all associated with the game of union due to the way it puts the game of League down. My only wish is for another game to be played between their best and our best to again put to rest all they glamourise about. Like Gordon Tallas said in the aussie media in reply to some Aussie RU media comments 'its about time they put up or shut up' Gripe over for today.
Aye.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

waterside glens posted:
I hope that Wigan show better discipline and that Klein referees exactly the same as he did against Salford (less penalties for obstruction).
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

robjoenz posted:
waterside glens posted:
I hope that Wigan show better discipline and that Klein referees exactly the same as he did against Salford (less penalties for obstruction).
rob on sunday did you think klein was right for the crossing decisions he gave ,as a qualified ref what did you think?????
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Nine

Post by Nine »

mike binder posted:
robjoenz posted:
waterside glens posted:
rob on sunday did you think klein was right for the crossing decisions he gave ,as a qualified ref what did you think?????
Harrison Hansen said last night at Riversiders that Nobby has had a word with Cummings to clarify what's going on, as the players were as confused as anyone, and his (H's) understanding was that the interpretation will revert back to what it was befire, i.e. last season. So it could just be a one-off failed experiment. But we shall see.....
Squad number 18!
Nine

Post by Nine »

robjoenz posted:
waterside glens posted:
I'd agree with that.
Squad number 18!