Re: Paint shop pro 9..HELP

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

God knows you lost me by the the first comma. :)
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

it could of been robjonez :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
I have been playing on Paint shop pro 9, worked out how to cut and fade backgrounds ect....what file type do I save the image as so that i can open it in microsoft word? and also without getting a white square in the background? :conf: :conf: :conf:

Thankx to anyone that can help
I don't use PSP myself, but as a general rule you should probably use .jpg if you're using a photo/some other image, or .gif/.png if you're using a diagram. Having said that, Word and images don't really go together, Word is so bloated that your document quickly becomes absolutely massive once you put just a couple of images in there.

As for the white square, that will be down to transparency settings of the image, which I've never really got my head around. With JPEG files it's quite difficult to make them transparent, GIFs are easier but then you don't want to use GIFs for photos etc....
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Bear

Post by Bear »

Fraggle posted:
Nobby`s Girl posted:
I have been playing on Paint shop pro 9, worked out how to cut and fade backgrounds ect....what file type do I save the image as so that i can open it in microsoft word? and also without getting a white square in the background? :conf: :conf: :conf:

I don't use PSP myself,
you no time for gaming these days

Jpg i think :lol: :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Nobby`s Girl posted:

The main file formats used for images are .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .psp and .png

I would suggest using .gif as it easily allows transparent sections of images, in Paint Shop Pro there is a tool called "Covert to .gif" click on that and then select the colour you want to be transparent. It’s straightforward from their but try not to use a white or any colours in the main picture background because it will make any other those areas transparent as well not just the background.

Quick Guide to Image Formats
.bmp The standard image format of MS Paint, but it should be avoided if possible as it is uncompressed.

.gif Most common file format for transparent sections but only allows 256 colours for not great for large detailed work. .gif is also used for small animations.

.jpg Standard file for most photographs but not the best file format for line art.

.psp Paint Shop Pro file format, just don't use it as many other programs will not read the file properly.

.png By far the best format for images in the internet. It is similar to .gif but allows 16 million colours not just 256. This file is better than .gif in almost everyway apart from transparency does not always work in Microsoft products.
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
Thankx eveyone... adrenalinxx Thankx for pointing them out for me..Ive been playing on it today and managed to make a Feka picture.
as you can see<<<
<<<<<<<<<
Looks good, if you save it as .png you won't get those strange wriggly lines.
Antwigan

Post by Antwigan »

I can help with Photoshop CS2 if anyone wants...
Campions of the rugby world.