Re: Richards and Carney swap??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Richards and Carney swap??

Post by Panchitta Marra »

pie eaters posted:
Reported that Richards is going to Gold coast and Carney coming to Wigan because Gold coast still hold his registration and both richards and gold coast said they would be interested
Now that sounds fantastic to me.
I have seen nothing about Pat Richards for over a year now to see where he gets his position in the Wigan team, and this included his Fridays performance against the Wire.
He seems incapable of beating a man, slows down and dathers when he reaches the tackle line and is very weak in making a tackle himself. He has made one touchline conversion against Huddersfield - in a friendly game.
I know there are alot of anti Carney fans out there, however, he has just had a very good season at the Knights, he is capable of beating a man to the try line, and surely has improved for his stint in OZ.
Carney gets my vote.
WxmWarrior

Re: Richards and Carney sw...

Post by WxmWarrior »

I've got to agree - regardless of how Carney left (and I appreciate we may not know all the facts but it would appear to come down to the previous coach), if this was a swap proposed now I think we'd be daft not to at least consider it.

Arguably Brian would command less of a salary than Richards and would give us more firepower and some additional go forward when the forwards need support.

As for the kicking duties, I don't think losing Richards would be a great loss based on his current performance.....
"[img]http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7545 ... orsxt9.jpg[/img]"

"...try the veal, I'm here all week.."