'Attack on East Stand Drummers' (Binders)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

'Attack on East Stand Drummers' (Binders)

Post by ancientnloyal »

Saw this post on rlfans.com...

mikehoughton1 posted:
Some of those goons with the drums in the East Stand wouldn't know a decent game of rugby if it bit them on the booty, and yet they continually claim the moral high ground because they, well they, bang a drum so they must be better fans than the rest of us.

My son is 1 of those goons and on thursday evening he was having trials for the u15s wigan service area i can assure you he knows what a decent game of rugby is.
Within the 'True fans' thread.

Pretty shoddy if you ask me.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
- psycho -

Re: 'Attack on East Stand Drum...

Post by - psycho - »

it's a cheap pop at the really passionate younger lot. alot of fans annoy me, they give it the "ive eben watching wigan for 50 years", to be honest i don't care. the people at the back are away from trouble, sing throughout a game and they are the future of the club. if people don't like where they sit then get lost to the posh seats.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
ancientnloyal

Re: 'Attack on East Stand ...

Post by ancientnloyal »

Its good to see the South stand full of kids at the back singing with 1 and a half drums (that other drum was sheer sh***!)

you lot are the future of Wigan, as was I in the late 90s, early 00s as a teenager.

Hate the 'older knowledgable fans'... apparently I watched Wigan as a toddler as my dad says but I remember watching them aged 4 and every year since home and away... i dont blag about it being 'better' than anyone else 'cos im not, im just a Wigan fan, simply. as equal as anyone.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

im one of those at the back and we do our damn best to get the lot in south stand going but no one ever seems to sing. your all boring :angry: :lol:

ancient, you aren't a fan..... you're a supporter. people like you are the better guys in attendence.

louis0071

Post by louis0071 »

the big silver drum is mine but bear drums all the time in his big black coat if think drums just add to the atmosphere and people who moan are just jelous
wigan till i die
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

not jealous louis, just plain boring. it's a rugby match. we should have massive atmosphere but we don't due to the lack of support from some older members.

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I'm one of the "older supporters", I guess, and I love the drums; I'm sat right in front of them (but about halfway down) in the East. I always go home hoarse after a game.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I like it. However, I was close to punching the moaning old geezer behind me who spent the whole match criticising everything the players did and when his poor son joined in he told him off for shouting :o Not sure about others BUt if we play really badly I go very quiet in a state of shock/disbelief.
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

i sit about 10 seats from the east stand drums and they are very good, it makes the atmosphere much better. keep up the good work guys.
madmags

Post by madmags »

I like the drums, but there are some moaners in the East Stand. :lol: