ashton gone

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jinkin jimmy

Re: ashton gone

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Like Farrell, you mean? :roll:
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

Nothing like farrell....

He put in more than a decade of loyal service for his hometown club and he is deffiantly a real wiganer, he has heart and courage and would do anything for the warriors....
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

shawcross da warrior posted:
Nothing like farrell....

He put in more than a decade of loyal service for his hometown club and he is deffiantly a real wiganer, he has heart and courage and would do anything for the warriors....
.... as long as he was the highest paid player in Superleague.
turf

Post by turf »

I don't think he has gone - yet. He's in the squad for friday. That may be his last game for us then!!

Unless someone saw him walking out of the JJB door today with baggage?!?!?!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Kat posted:
If it is true, he's obviously one of those players who's motivated by money rather than the pride of playing for his home town club.
Aren't most of them like that these days? It's a job, not something you do just for fun, and a job with a limited time for earning some money. That's what professional sport is like these days. Players like Rads are a real rarity, someone who stays at one club for years and years and turns down offers from elsewhere. I think I'd be the same if I knew my career was only going to last 12 years instead of 45 years or whatever.

The only thing I expect is that players should stick to their agreed contracts, which was the big disappointment with Faz.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

jinkin jimmy posted:
It was a very good move by Wigan to offload Faz at the time they did, as his rugby league career was just about over. Lets not forget one of the finest club players a team could ever possess, a Heart and soul Wiganer. Maybe now in that ever so easy 15 man code can he extend his playing carrer, making some pin money for his retrement. Good on you Faz.
What has Ashton done for Wigan so far apart from being responsible for sour notes being put on this website for his lack of commitment.
Ranting on again arent I - I also think it would have been just as shrewed to have departed with Radders when Union had expressed interest and the time was right, we would have got another small fortune.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Panchitta Marra posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
It was a very good move by Wigan to offload Faz at the time they did, as his rugby league career was just about over.
But given he was the reigning Man of Steel, Golden Boot, etc etc at the time, I think we might have been able to get at least one final half season out of him once his injury had gone. In the event, even RU would have benefitted him seeing out his contract at Wigan given he missed another year after he did leave us!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I will be absolutely furious if Ashton goes to rugby union! Does he want to change his sexuality or something?

it's upto him though I guess.

We have Withers for 2 years and extra space on the cap for a forward if it happens. Gone are the Radders days, at least O'Carroll has been reported to say he wants to play for wigan, it is determination like that I love.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

If this is true, i hope he goes quickly and it doesnt unsettle the team to much, lets get a prop signed as soon as posible if thats the case, surely somebody could be enticed away with the promise of a bigger contract next term, would love to see another big unit on the pitch the same time as Feka
wiganstripleL

Post by wiganstripleL »

it is true chris is leaving...only at the end of the season though!and this is from a reliable source the lad himself chris is a friend of mine i have spoken to him earlier in the night!