OUT OF INTEREST!!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

OUT OF INTEREST!!!!!

Post by turf »

Was Chris Ashton in the players bar after last night's match, having a drink with all the other players? If so, what mood was he in?

Just asking the above two questions because a good friend of mine, who I was at the match with said that they saw him walking to the car park, (presumably to his car, if he has got one) very soon after the final hooter, and they also said that he looked a bit brassed off.

If it was him that my friend saw in the car park, then I can understand why he was there, because I'll bet that he was frustrated because he had been dropped out of the squad last night.
chnwh

Re: OUT OF INTEREST!!!!!

Post by chnwh »

He was in the 18 so he HAD to be there in case any player pulled up during the warm up.

According to Nobby he didn't play because of a coaching decision, which imo was that he hasn't been playing well and his head will be all over the place at the mo.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Look, at the end of the day, why the obsession with Chris Ashton?

If he goes, he goes. He's never been, and never will be, as important to the Wigan side as a Hanley or an Edwards or a Fairbairn or a Boston. He's a kid who showed a lot of promise. If RU are stupid enough to pay him a king's ransome, let them. He'll go to the 15-a-side game and we'll probably never hear about him again.

So what? All that matters at present is Wigan, our survival and our success. Anyone who isn't committed to that must be shown the door. Nobby is right. There's no place for faint hearts on deck in the midst of a battle like this.
turf

Post by turf »

Just to firstly ask a question. Nobby's Girl said that Ashton drove straight past them, was he/did he look in a hurry or what??

Maybe being dropped has had the wrong effect on Chris. Maybe he has taken it (being dropped) personally. I mean lets think about it for a minute.

More or less as soon as the game has finished he is out of/away from the stadium and heading off home without even being INTERESTED in what any of the other players do or think.

What in the heck is going on inside this lads head/mind? Has he ever done something like this before??

This is NOT professional behaviour Ashton!!!!! Book up!!!!
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

Cruncher posted:

If he goes, he goes. He's never been, and never will be, as important to the Wigan side as a Hanley or an Edwards or a Fairbairn or a Boston. He's a kid who showed a lot of promise. If RU are stupid enough to pay him a king's ransome, let them. He'll go to the 15-a-side game and we'll probably never hear about him again.

So what? All that matters at present is Wigan, our survival and our success. Anyone who isn't committed to that must be shown the door. Nobby is right. There's no place for faint hearts on deck in the midst of a battle like this.
:eusa2: :eusa2: [/quote]
Yes I Ate All The Pies !!!!
right cross

Post by right cross »

Uncle Fester posted:
Cruncher posted:

:eusa2: :eusa2:
[/quote]

:eusa2: :eusa2: LETS MOVE ON
bertina

Post by bertina »

Cruncher posted:

Well said!!!!
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

i don't give a damn about ashton anymore. if his commitment lies with RU then sod him. thanks for the wonderful season you had with us but his bags are packed now so please be on your way and lets move on. it would have been nice to keep him to see what he turns out like when he has MATURED. noble says it's a coaching move but i doubt it. he did right by playing michael withers at FB, this way we can move on and establish a solid first team. maybe even get o'carrol and prescott on the bench now.

what does ashton expect? he is moving to union. he has told the players and coach, yet he is brassed off when he isn't played. serves him right if you ask me. doesn't deserve to play if his heart isn't in it anymore.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
turf

Post by turf »

Bit harsh to say "sod him" psycho. I think he is right to be brassed off to not be playing.

Also a bit harsh to say that "his heart isn't in it any more" as well. He has said everything else but that, so I wouldn't judge his heart/commitment just yet.

He is only 19, so he has a chance to mature and learn and grow out of these tantrums.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

his heart clearly isn't in it. or he would have signed a new deal. his head is saying lots of things, his ehart is probably saying money.

and i say sod him because i don't think he has a right to be brassed off. he has been stringing fans along for about 5 motnhs now, since end of last season when the talk began. he was given a chance and went to union for our troubles. thanks chris, you do the badge proud :eh:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------