Round 20 fixture change to Thursday?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butt monkey

Round 20 fixture change to Thursday?

Post by butt monkey »

Hmmm, can anyone explain the decision to move this fixture from its original Friday night to Saturday, then at SKY's request move it again to 12th July - a Thursday??!! As a season ticket holder and shift worker this makes the change almost impossible to cater for. Work rarely gives odd days holiday mid-summer and a swap to Sunday-Thursday is no use for me. I have also heard that the club agreed to the alteration without the slightest of complaints or questions to its necessity.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
mike binder

Re: Round 20 fixture change to...

Post by mike binder »

12th july party night cbinders birthday he will be banging that drum extra loud :wink:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
waterside glens

Re: Round 20 fixture chang...

Post by waterside glens »

mike binder posted:
12th july party night cbinders birthday he will be banging that drum extra loud :wink:
alot of people bang drums in northern ireland that day :D
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

waterside glens posted:
mike binder posted:
mmmmmmmmm explain is it the orange march?????
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

whooooohoooha!!!! A birthday party - will that mean that Mo will burst out a giant cake wheeled onto the JJB pitch as per the film Under Siege with Erika Eleniak (from Baywatch) - Prematch entertainment at its best :o :o :o

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

All I can find for the sporting calendar during the month. Hardly inspires a reason for SKY to alter the fixture. We don't benefit as Leeds play a fixture the Friday prior so we don't even get a days rest more than the tykes!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/results ... 160689.stm

butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Sorry to drag this old thread up again, but no one can really give me an answer to why the fixture change.

I have heard that this match is a trial for Thursday night Super League next season and that SKY want to dump the Saturday match for this to happen. There will I believe be more fixtures arranged for Thursdays later this year.

Before you all jump in and say "but the lower leagues are to be shown on SKY on Thursdays" I am talking for next year.

Lets see what happens!!!!

chnwh

Post by chnwh »

There is no NL game that week as it's the Northern Rail cup final and so they're trialing the game on a Thursday.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

mike binder posted:
waterside glens posted:
mike binder posted:
mmmmmmmmm explain is it the orange march?????
got it in one mike
DaveO

Re: Round 20 fixture change to...

Post by DaveO »

I must be a bit slow because I missed this and I have to say I am absolutely furious.

My son will now not be able to attend as it is school the day after whereas if the fixture had been on a Saturday it would be no problem

If Thursday fixtures replace Saturday ones then I will no longer be a season ticket holder in future.

Dave