Average home attendance

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Matthew

Re: Average home attendanc...

Post by Matthew »

im_a_cuckoo posted:
Dude, you are so wrong. Put your search in inverted commas so that it finds the exact words.

"Wigan Athletic" = 1,210.000
v
"Wigan Warriors" = 127,000

No further questions, your honour.
You still haven't said what the point of you being on here is!

If you are trying to recruit fans for your beloved lactics then you are not doing a very good job!

If you are trying to convince people that the lactics is a bigger and better club - then believe me when I say this - you won't!

The majority of posters do so because they love Wigan RL - why are you posting on here???
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
Jimmy Birts

Post by Jimmy Birts »

He's here because WE MATTER
im_a_cuckoo

Post by im_a_cuckoo »

I'm here to counteract the over-inflated opinion you have of yourselves. And to answer back your many negative posts about Wigan Athletic FC.

Now, seeing as we're all playing nicely, did you do the Google search? Willing now to concede that point about 'international renown'?
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

We dont have topics headlining :"THIS IS THE REASON ATHLETIC ARE PATHETIC" on here... it is a rugby forum and if you come on here often you will notice that we never have any anti-latics threads... oly people like yourselves make us reply back in topics such as these and comments from people such as yourself cause reactions.

You Weevil
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

im_a_cuckoo posted:
I'm here to counteract the over-inflated opinion you have of yourselves. And to answer back your many negative posts about Wigan Athletic FC.

Now, seeing as we're all playing nicely, did you do the Google search? Willing now to concede that point about 'international renown'?
Cuckoo we are mid table at best we havent achieved the playoffs for 2 years yet we have a growing attendance record.We do not hve an over-inflated opinion of the team and if you opened your eyes many of us wonder about decisions the club make.
Where we are a proud group is about or support for the club that is under performing.
RARELY are the latics mentioned unless Trolls like you come on.We are more interested in RL than anything else. :conf:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

im_a_cuckoo posted:

If the lactics are so much bigger they why do you care about what the fans of another (less popular) sport think about them. Do you think that Man U care what Sale RU think of them? Thought not.

The fact that the lactics play in the premiership - one of the biggest football leagues in the world will mean that they get mentioned on other clubs websites (normally after they have just a received a multi goal b*tch slapping from one of the bigger clubs I would imagine); it does not necessarily mean that they alone receive that much attention.

Furthermore the search comparison is ridiculous - as the club has often been refered to as just Wigan - as until recently the rugby club was the only successful club in the town.

There are very few posts about the lactics on here anyway (It's even mentioned in the FAQs about the message board and I sure that Fraggle brought that to your attention) - I for once could not care less about them or any other soccer side (including the "national" side) for that matter. I find the sport about as interesting as watching paint dry - and the over paid actors that pass as sportsmen in it; make it even less attractive - as do the badly behaved supporters.

However that is my choice and it doesn't bother me that other people like soccer and don't like RL or Wigan - much less make me find them out to tell them so.

You won't change anyone's opinion of Rugby League on here - the only thing that you will do is sour the opinion (further) of the lactics still further.

As if to further stress the point - how many lactics fans live outside Wigan? How many Warrior fans live outside Wigan?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
im_a_cuckoo

Post by im_a_cuckoo »

Are you deliberately spelling 'Latics' wrongly? Is it meant to be funny, like 'Wendyball' which is often hilariously bandied about by the shining wits on here?

I'm not sure what relevance of where each club's supporters comes from is, but I can assure you that Warriors fans travel from all over Lancashire, rather than just Wigan. After all, there isn't another club to the north of you, unless you count Whitehaven. If you want evidence for this assertion, the stewards willl tell you that the car parks are far busier for Warriors matches than Latics', because Latics draw the bulk of their support from the town, and walk to the games.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

The car parking theory is stupid cuckoo. Look around the surrounding area where the JJB is. Pemberton, Worsley Mesnes, Scholes, Ince, not exactly 'all' of Wigan is it? You are forgetting places like Hindley, Leigh, bryn, Aspull, Standish etc... too far to walk ffrom their homes and so NEED a car to travel to the stadium. We play on friday night, after work, which, unless some people are Dole-Dossers, finish work at 5 and head straight for the game... whereas Wigan play on Saturdays, with all the time in the world to get to the game for 3pm.

Wigan do have a large attraction of fans, hence the Frasier Eagle bus services from as far away as Lancaster. So what? your point is? Our point is that wigan attracts fans from as far away as Norn ireland and Canterbury each matchday whereas the vast majority of around 95% of athletic fans live in pemberton or Scholes.

we have a wider fan-base.

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
Dubs

Post by Dubs »

Wigoon Pathetic have no history and hence, no rivals so they have to grind their axe with us. How sad :D