Rev Jennings parking at Old Wembley

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Fujiman

Rev Jennings parking at Old Wembley

Post by Fujiman »

Does anyone remember parking at the church hall of Rev Jennings when we played at the old wembley? It was cheap parking and hot food and refreshments were on sale, all proceedings going to the church.You could even book a 3 course meal prior to going. It was also only 10 mins walk away from wembley up the hill and there was a pub at the top were you could get a drink. For new comers they would send you a map of how to get there using the back roads. If we reach the new wembley this year I would defo go there if its still around. Anybody remeber it and more improtantly have any detail? I originally found out about it because they put a letter in the wigan programme.
mike binder

Re: Rev Jennings parking at Ol...

Post by mike binder »

i cant remember the pubs never mind the stadium ,ohhhh that beer monster :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Fujiman

Re: Rev Jennings parking a...

Post by Fujiman »

mike binder posted:
i cant remember the pubs never mind the stadium ,ohhhh that beer monster :lol:
I've found the church on the internet and am going to contact them to see if they are doing anything similar now wembley is open. Will post if i hear anything
ancientnloyal

Re: Rev Jennings parking at Ol...

Post by ancientnloyal »

I remember parking on the hard shoulder outside Cadbury's World for 2 hours once whilst on the way to Wembley... we made it though
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame