Re: The official " your n...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Welski

Re: The official " yo...

Post by Welski »

DaveO posted:
Welski posted:
I was trying to suggest that perhaps his quote was taken out of context. Along the lines of "Wigan have been fantastic to me but this is a great opportunty that was too good to miss" etc
Nothing like that. It was all about RU and how great it was etc. No pledge to do his best for Wigan for the remainder of his contract either.
He's a teenager who has just been given the keys to his dad's Ferrari at which point someone asks him to slip a shirt on and tell us how he feels...
You could blame his agent or Ashton himself - even his parents but someone should have advised him not to be such an idiot.

Dave
Really ? Oh Dear. Looks like he is in for some stick then.

I feel a Flintoff style apology coming on!
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan posted:
At the end of the day what matters is Wigan RLFC and Ashton playing his part in our club having a successful season. Hysteria and vendettas are totally pointless and counter productive.
If we just shrug our shoulders and accept players like Ashton can behave as they have then it is an open invitation for others to do the same.

I am not suggesting anything extreme as a vendetta but it is not unreasonable to expect some negative reaction and if he gets it then IMO it will be deserved and may well caution other players from doing the same.

I don't think he will be playing much of a part in anything as soon as Withers is fit in any case.

Dave
popularmon

Post by popularmon »

I think theres quite a few Wigan fans who don`t realise what Ashton has done here.

I don`t really mind him annoucing half through the season that he`s going to RU but
He has insulted every Wigan fans by parading in a Northampton RU shirt.
There are far too many HAPPY CLAPPER Wigan fans who will aplaude anything in a cherry and white shirt. We`ve all been shafted by this little upstart.
WOULD YOU BE HAPPY IF HE PARADED IN A ST.HELENS SHIRT WHEN HE`S STILL GOT 6 MONTHS TO DO @ WIGAN?

No you wouldn`t.

We all knew that Robinson was going to RU at the end of the season but he waited until the end of the Grand Final before wearing a Sale RU shirt, the guy went with a bit of dignity not like ashton.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

popularmon posted:
I wonder if it is all his idea, or if his agent is busy pulling strings here: "If you want your money, you've got to appear on publicity photos etc"? Given that most of us agree that the advice he has received to change sports is not particularly good advice, him receiving more bad advice in going ahead with this ridiculous publicity stunt of wearing another team's shirt is not much different. Needless to say I don't really trust players' agents, there's always too much self-interest there (although whether that also applies to the likes of Frank Endacott and Terry O'Connor, who genuinely love the sport of RL, I wouldn't like to say). But this has all been too much too soon from when Andrew Clarke got involved just a couple of months ago and I'd like to know a bit more about him and his motives. Phil Clarke didn't exactly leave our club on good terms, so is this all a way for the family to get some revenge and Ashton is really just a (soon-to-be-well-paid) pawn?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I think the deal for him is good so the clarkes as agents are good money wise . Fragle makes a good point Mo sacked is dad and DW sacked Phil maybe their is a touch of we will show em .

Posted this before but these 2 have other young players signed up players on small money like Goulding and better players Hock this is a big worry to me and other Wigan fans it should be a big worry to RL but they will no doubt just hope it goes away.

Maybe these 2 should be banned from the ground and the club refuse to do business with them with Clarkes SKY job this would lead to him being asked some questions instead of him just saying how he thinks the RL should make GB a good team , it does make it hard when they are trading young talent away from the game! conflict of interest .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
jayde_hates_longy

Post by jayde_hates_longy »

I do think chris ashton should be boooed but be realistic if you were of his age and on a certain income and then bang out of nowhere you suddenly get offerd double you salary. Your obviously going to accpet. Ashton has only done what any normal person would do. However i would of thought his loyalties would remain with us till the end of the season but clearly not as he as made this obvious by posing in that Northampton RU shirt.
R.I.P mike gregory xxxx
true wigan ledgend !!!!

Cummmm on wigaaaaaaaaaan!!

SL CHAMPS 2008

DIRTY FUCKIN SCOUSE WANKERS :)
xxxxxxxxxxxx
chnwh

Post by chnwh »

I will not boo nor cheer Chris Ashton. As I did with Judas Robinson I will continue to wish him well at Wigan whilst calling him a Judas.

As far as the leaving for money goes, I left a job I loved for a pay rise and i'm sure i'm not the only one on here who has.

The wearing of the shirt has p***** me off and will continue to do so. :angry: , however whilst Chris is still in a Wigan shirt he should be supported (to a degree) providing he is playing to his potential.

What can the rfl do? Simple. Remove the cap. Ok so clubs like Wakefield will be disadvantaged and the game will not be as close as it is now. That is then down to the club to make money. This is after all a business and you don't see JJB Sports, JD Sports and Sportsworld saying we will all compete together but don't want to have a monopoly and will therefore limit ourselves to one pair of Adidas shoes a year and only 33 pairs of tracksuit bottoms from all brands. :eusa17:

Wigan had that monopoly in the early 90's but still managed to do so with a team full of homegrown talent that made up the GB squad. F*** the cap and lets not lose anybody else to RU that could aid GB in the future, and from a Wigan case any youngsters to other clubs.

Rant over - I need a beer.
W1GANER

Post by W1GANER »

popularmon posted:
I think theres quite a few Wigan fans who don`t realise what Ashton has done here.

I don`t really mind him annoucing half through the season that he`s going to RU but
There are far too many HAPPY CLAPPER Wigan fans who will aplaude anything in a cherry and white shirt. We`ve all been shafted by this little upstart.
WOULD YOU BE HAPPY IF HE PARADED IN A ST.HELENS SHIRT WHEN HE`S STILL GOT 6 MONTHS TO DO @ WIGAN?

No you wouldn`t.

We all knew that Robinson was going to RU at the end of the season but he waited until the end of the Grand Final before wearing a Sale RU shirt, the guy went with a bit of dignity not like ashton.
What makes you think that you have to right to have a go at us Wigan fans? We support our players through thick and thin, the lad is young and has made a mistake. GIVE HIM A BREAK. Get off your high horse and have a minute. :angry:
cpwigan

Re: Ashton threads!

Post by cpwigan »

:eusa2: I agree wholeheartedly
medlocke

Re: Chris Ashton picture !!

Post by medlocke »

I like mine better :lol: