what is going on !

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the grinch

what is going on !

Post by the grinch »

we started poor we finished poor and not much to shout about in between!we are falling to peices and have now left ourselves no chance in the play offs!lam was not at home and cassidy was also very shaky to say the least. the players must start to show some pride and start to at least compete in these games.stains next week and i now dont feel very confident! i know they lost but wigans fall was spectacular.this season cannot end quick enough for me.lets hope the new players can inject some hunger into this team.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
ian.birchall

Re: what is going on !

Post by ian.birchall »

the grinch, you are living up to your sign on!
We might be falling to pieces over the last 3 matches but our lack of fit players was always going to catch up with us sometime and we have had some cracking matches and entertainment at the JJB this season, two further wins over stains and the whinoes will make it a good season for me for the effort of getting to Wigan for each home game and I drive 145 miles all told for each 'home' game.
We need to bulk up, RL is like boxing, a good big un will always beat a good little un and if you look at the Oz RL on Sky each club team there has big players and small players but when it comes to their international sides only the big players get in the team.
I was disappointed that at the start of this season Gareth Hock was no bigger than last season, for next year both he and Harrison Hansen need to be a stone heavier and so probably does Martin Aspinwall who has very little speed to lose by putting on weight. Andy Farrell before his groin injury in 95/96 must have been two stone heavier than he is now and if you look at tonights game we were simply out weighed on the subs bench as well as the three quarters.
Nevertheless only 4 weeks ago with a team with a few fitter players at home to the Bulls we were by far the best team, our on the line defence fell apart tonight because we we physically kn*ck*r*d with all the heavy work we were having to do against the Bradford juggernaults.
PS but I do like the picture and motto.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I dnt think it was all bad!
I actually enjoyed the first half, and on the bright side we got 1 outta 4 points in the last 2 weeks saints got none...
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

MrsLam posted:
I dnt think it was all bad!
I actually enjoyed the first half, and on the bright side we got 1 outta 4 points in the last 2 weeks saints got none...
And they won't get any on Friday either! :D
Welsh Warrior

Post by Welsh Warrior »

Every cloud has a silver lining. The way I see it is this. We have suffered quite badly in the last few weeks with injuries. It was bound to take its toll in the end and it has. Hopefully these injuries will clear before the last few weeks of the season. These guys will have benefitted from a good rest and will be well and truly up for some big tests come the play-offs. I don't care who we play. I don't care where we play them. We are more than capable of beating them. I honestly believe come the Grand Final we will be the first team to win it from outside the top two.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Welsh Warrior posted:
Every cloud has a silver lining. The way I see it is this. We have suffered quite badly in the last few weeks with injuries. It was bound to take its toll in the end and it has. Hopefully these injuries will clear before the last few weeks of the season. These guys will have benefitted from a good rest and will be well and truly up for some big tests come the play-offs. I don't care who we play. I don't care where we play them. We are more than capable of beating them. I honestly believe come the Grand Final we will be the first team to win it from outside the top two.
The opposite viewpoint would be to say that finishing out of the top two puts that much strain on the fittest of players to play more games than the other finalist that when they play the final they are too exhausted to compete to their usual standard. The players that are missing now will return with no time to settle into their game, their lack of match practice will be exploited by high class opposition that has done their homework.
warriors

Post by warriors »

Welsh Warrior posted:
They played alright in the first half.

Seconed half, they started to lose it. Cassidy wasn't at his best. Lam either. Carney got a bit of a knock.

I no they the last few games haven't bin the best. I beleive that we can beat the Saints on Friday. Cassidy an Lam will probley be better, plus the rest.

Come on Wigan, we can make it to the 'GRAND FINAL'