Who were that awsome team!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Who were that awsome t...

Post by cpwigan »

I concur about Prescott BUT I think he needs protecting from himself. He is such an honest willing worker that he could be liable to get injured if he is not looked after. He still lacks a bit of extra weight as a security against being hit hard. O'Carrol v Widnes for me, Prescott back in v Saints.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The big improvement I think we can make is Fielden timing his runs better. Those forward passes could hurt us in a close game. He is playing far better though which is great.
Wayne's World

Post by Wayne's World »

Great Game and good atmosphere, (at least in our house). Any body want any pizza?? Keep up the good work lads!!
Wigan Watcher

Re: Who was that awsome te...

Post by Wigan Watcher »

I thought Richards did not have the best of games, I thought his option to come inside for one of his tries was the wrong decision but he fell lucky with bad tackling technique from the Hull players, the correct decision was to go low in the corner and he would have scored. Bailey is quietly doing nothing; Hansen is a waste of space. Lockers needs to cut out the mistakes of giving penalties away (will he ever learn) Millard did what he does best and that is everything to slow. Ashton was OK but was found out of position on more than one occasion.

Apart from all that we where brilliant

You wouldn’t think we played well would you the way I write but I call it as I see it and was more than happy really.

O and that Barrett, a complete waste of time.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think WW was being sarcastic :conf:

Oddly stopping dead abnd then cutting inside when sprinting for the corner works a treat. Shaun Edwards was a master at it. Basically, once you commit yourself so hard/fast to tackling somebody in one direction it becomes virtually impossible to change direction.
Mrs Lifter

Post by Mrs Lifter »

Hanson is not a waste of any bodys space or time having played most of last season with a broken hand i think he is doing o.k.I was in the pub with his dad both before and after the Bradford game were he had a shocker he texted his dad from the team coach he was gutted and asked nobby if he could play in the acadamy game.H loves Wigan one bad game and one average game does not a slump in form make!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wigan Watcher posted:
I thought Richards did not have the best of games, I thought his option to come inside for one of his tries was the wrong decision but he fell lucky with bad tackling technique from the Hull players, the correct decision was to go low in the corner and he would have scored. Bailey is quietly doing nothing; Hansen is a waste of space. Lockers needs to cut out the mistakes of giving penalties away (will he ever learn) Millard did what he does best and that is everything to slow. Ashton was OK but was found out of position on more than one occasion.

Apart from all that we where brilliant

You wouldn’t think we played well would you the way I write but I call it as I see it and was more than happy really.

O and that Barrett, a complete waste of time.
With the negativity you point out after a win like that shows 1 thing were not yet playing great rugby and there is a lot more to come from the side. Its improving week by week and no side in SL can say that.

And Barrett how dare he come here and want to play and not be here just for pension money. Its not on and hes doing this injured. He will give MO a bad name. :angry:
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Mrs Lifter posted:
Hanson is not a waste of any bodys space or time having played most of last season with a broken hand i think he is doing o.k.I was in the pub with his dad both before and after the Bradford game were he had a shocker he texted his dad from the team coach he was gutted and asked nobby if he could play in the acadamy game.H loves Wigan one bad game and one average game does not a slump in form make!
What pub was that Mrs Lifter i see Shane in the corner shop about three times a week.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

If Watcher is for real he knows far far less than I thought and just likes sounding off. I had presumed it was tongue in cheek :o
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

wiganstripleL posted:
lucky 13 posted:
cpwigan posted:
I thought Hill was the weakest of the forwards tonight. Prescott really does work hard. He may need a rest though and O'Carrol should replace him now and then to freshen him up. Hansen has improved after that mareand Hock by and large put his Salford mare behind him.

Bottom line the whole team is working really hard...

Hill may not be a game breaker but he as a good work rate which when you combine it with Hansen and Prescott lets us get away with ''well 2 props'' just think this combination although not ideal lets us get through the periods that fecca and fletch are off .I like Ocarroll but can you change the team after tonight? glad we have an option at least ,didnt think we would have this season......................."lets us get away with 2 props? id class paul prescott as our 3rd prop now he was brilliant last night both in attack and defence i went the game and watched it when i got back home and i was shocked to how strong he takes the ball up! so to say we get away with having 2 props is an insult to the lad!

If you read my original post before the one you quoted, what I mean is he has become the third ,along with the hard work of the other two lets us get through the period when the two first team recognized props (at the start of the season this was going to be our downfall everyone thought we were light in the prop department) are off the field my posts are praising the lad not insulting him :eh:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!