Lam or new scrum half????

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Warrior Wills

Lam or new scrum half????

Post by Warrior Wills »

Does anyone think that Luke Robinson is overrated ?

I mean, he was given a chance last year when Lam got injury, played in the GF against Bradford etc..........

But to me, he isn't looking the player that everyone is hyping him up to be. In fact for most of the games he has played in he has looked very ordinary. Look at the players that came on the scene when he did, O'loughlin, Briscoe and Brown. All of those players seemed to of moved on another level.

I believe Robinson has been given more than his chance and he hasn't performed. He is living off that fantastic performance against Saints a year ago!

As I have said before the new Andy Greg tag has well and truly fallen off. If Lam doesn't sign another year, we will still need to sign a new scrum half!!!
lamisgod

Re: Lam or new scrum half????

Post by lamisgod »

i agree Luke has been a bit quite of late (although i think doubting / questioning his quality is a little unsubstantiated) I think maybe the main contribution/s to this is the fact of he's still playing for his contract and prob denis/mo have said over the nxt few games he will be judged. although with the injuries at the moment and not playing with a full strengh pack in front of him, i think our half backs are strugglin a little.IMO.. and maybe the combination of his age and the contract looming r affectin his play.. although IMO factors out of his control such as the recent injury crisis are determining an all round TEAM under par performance :conf:
if football was ment to be played in the air, they'd build pitches in the Sky!

Brian Clough...
Raven04

Re: Lam or new scrum half?...

Post by Raven04 »

who would you like to see at the scrum half role? i would have loved wigan to make a move for deacon! i do rate him! what bout dennis moran from london? now that for me is a player that seems very under rated! or is it the good player bad team scenario? i also think that luke needs more time to develope i think its to much to soon for him! i personal would like to see lam stay for one more season!
lamisgod

Post by lamisgod »

I think any talented scrum half or half back combo always looks as though he has hours to do what ever he wants with the ball, IMO this relies quite heavily on how much time he's given! take for instance edwards/greg sometimes had the first half to decide what to do..i think due in essence to the forward line (and of course how poor the other side was, im basing this on 2 sides equal talent)
as for deacon, if he reads the game as his fowards are getting nowhere he looks towards his kicking game (circa the last home game genst bradford) same goes denis moran, although hes hitting a purple patch at the mo.. when he played genst us i don't think we laid a paw on him but i though the broncos forwards played v.well, and against saints well thats the other side of my basis coz they were just poor..so he had the run.. i mean look how poor london are this season (and barring the rfl conspiracy theory they will stop poor) teams that nulify the london front row & win that battle he doesn't seem fire as much..if i wanted anyone based on "at the moment" it would be danny maguire from leeds he's playing fantastic..but again leeds are keeping away from injuries...IMO even though i rate luke, but Lam & Orr nxt year would have been gr8 :D

Brian Clough...
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

This will make me unpopular but...

I'd like to see Sean Long back at Wigan. If the rumours about St Helens are true then this may happen. Let no-one forget that we developed Long and had to let him go due to a lack of first team opportunites.

:exc: :exc: :exc:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Warrior Wills

Post by Warrior Wills »

Great bit of business wasn't it - NOT

Long for Lee Hansen TUT!!!

I am with you Mike, I wouldn't be unhappy if Long returned to Wigan. Don't get me wrong I hate him at the mo, but I hate anyone who pulls on a Saints shirt. Fickle eh ?

At the end of the day he is a Wigan Lad. Did we all hate hime whist he was at Widnes??

ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Warrior Wills, at Widnes for only a month but that because that Stains undercover agent b*st*rd Hughes knew he could never sell him directly to Stains. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there should be a contract out on Eric Hughes.
I'm with Mike here, I've never understood the visceral hatred against Long on this site, most writers seem not to know that he was brought on by Wigan and was supposed to be our replacement, not that he ever could be replaced, for Shaun Edwards.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Long is a prat, he could have all the skill in the world but he still bet against his own team to lose, we do not need players like that destroying Wigan's team moral. Look how his actions have affects Saints.

Everyone was very quick to defend Orr when he was playing pityful at the start of the season and quick to rubbish Robinson. It's the same case now, he played 15 minutes against Bradford when it was too late for him to do anything. I also think Lindsay is being unfair judging players on their performances now, it puts even more pressure on his head, and Luke already has the tendancy to try too hard.
robjoenz

Re: Lam or new scrum half????

Post by robjoenz »

Warrior Wills posted:
I believe Robinson has been given more than his chance and he hasn't performed. He is living off that fantastic performance against Saints a year ago!
Three games and 15 minutes you mean? Bloody hell you've given the lad a lot of chance haven't you.
lamisgod

Post by lamisgod »

here here, well said lets give him chance to play in contract an with a full strengh squad, then you'll see his name on many more shirts at the game..i'am sure lets not lose a potential GB scrum half...

ps The Crowd this week genst saints...

i thought we were fickle at time as fans, but the saints fans..wellll... just been to wwwredvee.net and i think one of the links should be to the samaritans!, i really cant see them bringin many fans whaddya think? :D [/quote]

Brian Clough...