As a Neutral!!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

As a Neutral!!!!!

Post by turf »

On Good Friday, there will be many key battles in many key areas of the pitch, but one of the most interesting battles of the day is going to be Ashton v Wellens.

It is going to be interesting to see what Wellens does different when he collects and runs with the ball compared to Ashton.

By the end of the game, Ashton may have even learned something from Wellens.

By the way, is Good Friday, Ashton's toughest and biggest game in his short Wigan career so far????
Cruncher

Re: As a Neutral!!!!!

Post by Cruncher »

turf posted:
On Good Friday, there will be many key battles in many key areas of the pitch, but one of the most interesting battles of the day is going to be Ashton v Wellens.

It is going to be interesting to see what Wellens does different when he collects and runs with the ball compared to Ashton.

By the way, is Good Friday, Ashton's toughest and biggest game in his short Wigan career so far????
I would say that several of his matches late last season, when our survival or relegation depended on the outcome, were more important than this particular one.

By the way, are you seriously telling us you're a neutral? You'll be telling us you're not Chris Ashton next.
turf

Post by turf »

I am NOT Chris Ashton Cruncher. Sorry to disappoint you.

Just offering my opinion that's all.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
turf posted:
but one of the most interesting battles of the day is going to be Ashton v Wellens.

More like Wellens V Withers
Hope not! Good comparison though; the two slowest fullbacks in RL.
dawbz

Post by dawbz »

I think if Ashton needs to learn something he should watch a few videos of Rads, i don't know why people are rating Wellens so much, for me Briscoe is one of the best full backs in super league at the moment and don't forget Ashton could learn a lot from Withers.
If we play like we played against Hull we are in with a chance of taking the points away from Stains, but if we perform the way we did against Wignes ? then the points are all Stains.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

pie eaters posted:
Even our best may not be good enough to beat saints, but i just look at that blistering 17 minute spell led by Gareth Hock, that spell was good enough to beat anyteam in the world.
Were on the same points as Saints so drop this complex we have please. They are not the side they were last season and are very beatable.
dawbz

Post by dawbz »

thegimble posted:
pie eaters posted:
Even our best may not be good enough to beat saints, but i just look at that blistering 17 minute spell led by Gareth Hock, that spell was good enough to beat anyteam in the world.
Were on the same points as Saints so drop this complex we have please. They are not the side they were last season and are very beatable.
I agree Gimble, Bring it on, is it really only tuesday?, Ah well it will soon be friday.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

pie eaters posted:
If saints played to their best at this very moment they wil beat anybody, they proved this against Brisbane. True they have lost Lyon but replaced him with Gidley and apart from getting rid of Anderson and Anderson who both played alot off the bench then they have not chnaged. Personally i can see us beating them but at the same time i could see them beating us :lol:
Brisbane were poor that night and still in pre season mode as all NRL sides are in that competition in Feb.

If we play like we did against Hull we will beat them. Its about us not them. Saints in tight games this season seem to struggle.
Mrs Lifter

Post by Mrs Lifter »

Ah head versus heart.Heart tell me we will slaughter them Head tells me they willbe to fast at th play of the ball and by the time weve switched on they will be 20 in front.Please please dont let that happen.My son cant come so an Aussie friend is using his season ticket shes from Adalaid so Aussie rules is her game.Ive told her she willbe blown away by the atmosphere of the biggest derby game in the world but a win would make it better
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Cruncher posted:
turf posted:

I would say that several of his matches late last season, when our survival or relegation depended on the outcome, were more important than this particular one.

By the way, are you seriously telling us you're a neutral? You'll be telling us you're not Chris Ashton next.
:lol: :lol: :lol1: :lol1: