Todays Win

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
OAMJSONA

Re: Todays Win

Post by OAMJSONA »

lets get it right if we play like that on friday against the stains then we will get slaughterd
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

becky b

Post by becky b »

Yes i agree they need to play a lot better thought Widnes played very well and they seemed more up for it than wigan in the 1st half, we have to play for 80mins not 40 and if they do the same on fri it will be a walk in the park for stains as the damage will be done 1st half
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Isn't there a possibility that the team had one eye on Friday's clash? With all the publicity and bearing in mind that it will be the first good friday clash for several key members of our team it wouldn't surprise me.

In many ways what happened yesterday is probably a good thing. We needed a competitive game (something which stains didn't get) and after the hull performance, a wake up call to not get complacent - and after all we did still win.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I wouldnt look too much into the performance against Widnes, credit to Widnes for giving us a game. I believe we should start against Saints as we finished against Hull (well, not the late tries but 10 mins before that)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Matthew posted:
Isn't there a possibility that the team had one eye on Friday's clash? With all the publicity and bearing in mind that it will be the first good friday clash for several key members of our team it wouldn't surprise me.

In many ways what happened yesterday is probably a good thing. We needed a competitive game (something which stains didn't get) and after the hull performance, a wake up call to not get complacent - and after all we did still win.
Nobby must have realised the intensity this game would bring, plus the fact that the Viking's have a good number of ex Wiganer's wanting to prove a point, hence his team selection.
Widnes played at the very top of their game, worked hard, and made it difficult for us. We underplayed and must improve but as Mathew says, 'it was a competative game' that we needed.
No reported injuries, and the players should be up for it, we still have a chance on Friday.
TedMac

Post by TedMac »

The one great thing I saw on Sunday was just how much havoc Gareth can cause when he's playing at the top of his game. For ten minutes (yeah I know it was only ten minutes) he tore Widnes apart with passing, swerves, dummies and sheer strength. Now if he could only do it for 60-70 minutes ........!!??
Ted Mac:)
Ted Mac
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

waterside glens posted:
wait for it .........i think we missed DV today
Does anyone know why he didn't play?
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

His place was taken by Goulding - who will most likely replace him next year.

Don't think that he has an injury - or if he has it hasn't been overly reported. Very likely he will return to the team for Friday's game
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Reported as a calf strain on BBC.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Turned an ankle in training on friday
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]