Withers & Millard

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
OJ

Re: Withers & Millard

Post by OJ »

Noble probably brought Mick Withers in as cover in case of injuries. I don't agree at all that it had any bearing whatsoever on Ashton going because I believe that the club already thought they might lose Ashton before Christmas so another fullback probably seemed like a good idea in case things went against us (as they did) and Ashton left immediately (which it turns out he hasn't). If you remember Withers was one of the last signings so from the club's point of view it was probably a damage limitation exercise. Withers will still do ok for us, didn't have a good game last night but he wasn't on his own there.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

R Douglas

Post by R Douglas »

Think the citicism of Withers is totally unjustified. He plays the game like Joe Lydon used to in that when he looks good he doesn't look like he's trying i.e. when he looks bad (as he did last night) he also doesn't look like he's trying!

We have a much bigger problem . . .

Our Captain is the only one I know that doesn't talk to his team, stands drinking water 20 yards away from his team members when a try has been scored, talks to the opposition Captain when waiting for a video ref decision, and goes for 2 points when 10 down - 3 mins to go in the half, and the first time we've been out of our own half for 30 mins!

Also, someone once said that there's no such thing as a bad decision, only no decision is a bad one. When it takes 30 secs to decide if to go for goal or not, I think that becomes a lack of decision!

Lockers might as well of held a plaque up above his head and told the Saints fans and players "We can't beat you!"

Am miffed, get off Wither's back - Nobby, make a decision!
turf

Post by turf »

As I have said on another thread (if not this one) Noble has his own personal favourites and Ashton isn't one of them.

I think we should have played Ashton yesterday because I have got this from the other message board but it is correct, as far as Ashton is concerned, so here goes:

Local-Lad + Local-Derby = 100% Effort.

Any thoughts?
Green

Post by Green »

turf posted:
As I have said on another thread (if not this one) Noble has his own personal favourites and Ashton isn't one of them.

I think we should have played Ashton yesterday because I have got this from the other message board but it is correct, as far as Ashton is concerned, so here goes:

Local-Lad + Local-Derby = 100% Effort.

Any thoughts?
Well said. Wigan have a new team, one with a much smaller core of local lads or long time players than most. The longer your involved with a club, the more passionate you are, the more effort you would put into these derby games. It's not rocket science, every Wigan fan does or atleast should know that.

Seems to me that quite a few of our players seem to regard it as a job, rather then a passion, which is what we need in games like that.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

both not good enough!

on too much money! not up to standard and too slow!

get rid!

Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

pedro

Post by pedro »

R Douglas posted:
Think the citicism of Withers is totally unjustified. He plays the game like Joe Lydon used to in that when he looks good he doesn't look like he's trying i.e. when he looks bad (as he did last night) he also doesn't look like he's trying!

We have a much bigger problem . . .

Our Captain is the only one I know that doesn't talk to his team, stands drinking water 20 yards away from his team members when a try has been scored, talks to the opposition Captain when waiting for a video ref decision, and goes for 2 points when 10 down - 3 mins to go in the half, and the first time we've been out of our own half for 30 mins!

Also, someone once said that there's no such thing as a bad decision, only no decision is a bad one. When it takes 30 secs to decide if to go for goal or not, I think that becomes a lack of decision!

Lockers might as well of held a plaque up above his head and told the Saints fans and players "We can't beat you!"

Am miffed, get off Wither's back - Nobby, make a decision!
he didnt look like he was trying because he wasnt!

Dont even try and compare him to Joe Lydon for gods sake. Lydon could probably do him in a foot race now.