stuart fielden

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan sister

Re: stuart fielden

Post by Wigan sister »

Reckon we're a better team with Fielden than without even if he isn't back to his best yet.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Agreed but where has his fire gone? I remember the Fielden who was constantly scrapping with Barrie Mac and I want him back! :(
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Fielden seems to be trying to hard to be any player but a prop!! He approaches the line and is looking to either off-load straight away, side step, hand the player off!! What Fielden needs to do is to remember that he is a prop forward, and run onto the ball, make as many yards as possible, then if he can get the ball out, ala Feka!! He is the engine room, let Barrett play around with the ball!!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

pieater-alex posted:
Laura-xo posted:he doesn't make have the runs that Feka does.
His job isn't to do the runs feka does. Feka's job is to create some damaging runs for about 20 minutes off the game early on then after about 65 minutes come back on the field and do the same thing once defense is tired.

Fielden is an 80 minutes prop ok he doesn't always do the full 80 but he does a lot and his idea is to carry Wigan forward for them long spells and to play for that amount of time he can't do what feka does.
And there is no way Feka can do what Fielden does. No other prop can. His game time is so important to us.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

i think we should be talking about feka's game time and not about fielden. if fielden had to play for 20 mins i'm sure he would be a lot more fired up.Unfortunately our prop situation doesn't allow this
Bear

Post by Bear »

Feka to me seems to have gone downhill from at the start of last season

he doesnt look as fired up as he did last season its since feilden has took over and maybe he feels a bit down hearted not to be wigan best forward
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
W1GANER

Post by W1GANER »

Bear posted:

he doesnt look as fired up as he did last season its since feilden has took over and maybe he feels a bit down hearted not to be wigan best forward

Sorry i disagree with you there, Feka is 1 of a few in the Wigan team who actually looks like he gives a poo.
He runs at full speed everytime and still takes 2/3 men with him.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

W1GANER posted:
Bear posted:

Sorry i disagree with you there, Feka is 1 of a few in the Wigan team who actually looks like he gives a poo.
He runs at full speed everytime and still takes 2/3 men with him.
It's also not clear where the decision is coming from for him to only do those short stints. There have been a few occasions when he has come off when he still looks to have plenty in the tank, it seems to be a tactical coaching decision rather than one based on the player needing a rest. It's a bit strange, considering Nobby had a good record of rotating impact props at Bradford, but he doesn't seem to have got it right with Feka at all. But if it is Noble's decision, then you can't really blame Feka for him not being on the field for long.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
fisha206

Post by fisha206 »

Bear posted:
also disagree feka is prob one ov the best players this season he wants the ball all the time he is on the pitch, is always making yards and hardly ever looses the ball, he is a class player
WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

i would like to say credit where it is deserved, fielden was outstanding tonight, i only saw the game on sky but was impressed with him and all the team, i thought it was a bit harsh for him to be sin binned and you could clearly see on tv that he was upset about it. i think tonights game showed a lot of his old form re-emerging, and hope he keeps it up, i think the way nobby started with higham and feka on the bench paid off. hope we can keep it up for sunday, if anyone didn't catch the game on tv robbie paul is out with a cast on his arm.