Fielden's Temper........

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
lucky 13

Re: Fielden's Temper.........

Post by lucky 13 »

People keep saying he does not show his Bradford form well he doesnt have the size of the Bradford teams he has played with here at Wigan at the moment .

At Bradford he as played with what on average was the biggest team size wise year in year out Anderson Vagana
Peacock and the volcano on the wing were all big impact players who made his job easier were are these players at Wigan? Fekka and well apart from that we are looking at relatively young players who may develop into good players but who are not quite their yet .

So it may be a dip of form but it may also be that he is not playing in one of the most dominant teams like he had been before he came here.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nine

Post by Nine »

DaveO posted:
phibes posted:
I thought he had his best game of the season tonight - bar the knock-on near the end.

His temper did boil over, but he ran well with the ball and his work-rate in defence was tremendous.

No complaints from me.

Me either and I am glad he got fired up! What is the old saying "Form is temporary, class is permanent"?

Dave
Hear, hear!

Fielden was furious wuith Silverwood for the binning - you could see him pull at his ear and hear him on the Sky coverage saying "You're listening to them!" - meaning the Leeds fans in the South Stand. He was angry because he had done his best to show Thackeray was holding him down, but believed Silverwood had been swayed by the crowd yelling for a penalty.

Fielden is a class forward and I think he's slowly getting back towards form after struggling in the Tri Nations and first couple of games for us this season. Give the bloke a chance - he will make a difference for us this year.
Squad number 18!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Nine posted:
DaveO posted:
phibes posted:
I thought he had his best game of the season tonight - bar the knock-on near the end.

His temper did boil over, but he ran well with the ball and his work-rate in defence was tremendous.

No complaints from me.

Me either and I am glad he got fired up! What is the old saying "Form is temporary, class is permanent"?

Dave
Hear, hear!

Fielden was furious wuith Silverwood for the binning - you could see him pull at his ear and hear him on the Sky coverage saying "You're listening to them!" - meaning the Leeds fans in the South Stand. He was angry because he had done his best to show Thackeray was holding him down, but believed Silverwood had been swayed by the crowd yelling for a penalty.

Fielden is a class forward and I think he's slowly getting back towards form after struggling in the Tri Nations and first couple of games for us this season. Give the bloke a chance - he will make a difference for us this year.
Got to add my agreement to this. Whoever thinks we should get rid is not watching the same game as me!!
northeastwarrior

Post by northeastwarrior »

Fielden is a class act. Theres no way people should be even discussing getting rid of him. Who was he pointing and shouting at as he walked to the sin bin?
Eaststander

Post by Eaststander »

In my opinion Fielden will start to play like we all know he can and last night may have been the spark he needed to get him back to his usual self.
When his mother passed away he had no time to grieve and had to go to Aus to play for his country.
He will have tried to put it out of his mind and get on with playing. Bottling up emotions and grief is not good because it causes all sorts of problems later.This can be depression and mood swings and feeling like nothing is worth the effort.
It's only 5 months since his mum died and it takes people a long time to get over this. No matter how hard a man or how tough a player you are when you lose your mum it is very hard to come to terms with.
Lets try and give him a bit of understanding and hope he is getting some help behind the scenes.
If Wigan have any sense they will be doing whatever they can for him.
He played really well last night.
WIGAN TILL I DIE
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

northeastwarrio r posted:
Fielden is a class act. Theres no way people should be even discussing getting rid of him. Who was he pointing and shouting at as he walked to the sin bin?
It was the crowd I think as Nine mentioned he yelled at the ref "You are listening to them!!" as he obviously thought (and I agree) the ref was influenced by the crowd.

Mind you if he hadn't already been sin binned yelling that at the ref would have probably got him done for dissent!

Dave
W1GANER

Post by W1GANER »

Everyone who is saying he lost his temper and shouldn't have. YOU ARE WRONG Fielden needs to smack someone to boost his confidence, show he won't get ko'd again.
It was a tough call when he got sent off, if he had pulled his arm out he may have knocked the ball out with him so he could have got penalised for that so he just stayed there it was a bad decision to send him off. We was hard done by some of the decisions last night.

COME ON FIELDEN LOSE IT MORE OFTEN.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
phibes posted:

No complaints from me.
You saved me from typing on this one!
I thought Fielden had a good game too, especially in defence. Expectations too high for some people?