Phil Clarke (again, sorry)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
bertina

Re: Phil Clarke (again, so...

Post by bertina »

ancientnloyal posted:
I think 8 teams will all be juggling around the relegation zone... Huddersfield have finally clicked and moving up... if you look at most games so far this season (obviously not saints v salford eg) some teams are on the up, some are on the down (hull kr) but this wont continue... I think positions will change all the way until the final few weeks - ie, the gap between playoff position 4 > 12th will be very close IMO.
I think your right about how close it could be.
I'm just a bit worried about points deductions for breaching salary cap. keeping my fingers crossed that the books add up ok.
Kol

Re: Phil Clarke (again, sorry)

Post by Kol »

MrAlex posted:
Did anyone hear him at the end? While he was quietly being smug about completely guessing Wigan would win it, Eddie H asked him if this is the start of Wigan mounting a serious challenge for the top (finally).

"No way, I still think they'll end up fourth, fifth or sixth."

If anybody's a Judas.......and I really don't like the way he's become Stevo's demon offspring.
My mate has a lot of inside info and knows Phil Clarke. Let me tell you, he supports St Helens (fact). This is no joke. Something to do with his old man getting fired from the club.
You probably dont believe me and I dont expect you to, but let me tell you, he is also in collaboration with Lydon in prodding acadamy players in the direction on Union.

Absolute fact so far as my mate is concerned.
No one is to stone anybody until I blow this whistle!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Kol posted:
MrAlex posted:
Did anyone hear him at the end? While he was quietly being smug about completely guessing Wigan would win it, Eddie H asked him if this is the start of Wigan mounting a serious challenge for the top (finally).

"No way, I still think they'll end up fourth, fifth or sixth."

If anybody's a Judas.......and I really don't like the way he's become Stevo's demon offspring.
My mate has a lot of inside info and knows Phil Clarke. Let me tell you, he supports St Helens (fact). This is no joke. Something to do with his old man getting fired from the club.
You probably dont believe me and I dont expect you to, but let me tell you, he is also in collaboration with Lydon in prodding acadamy players in the direction on Union.

Absolute fact so far as my mate is concerned.
Bloody Hell I just saw a load of pork fly over Winter Hill.
Phil Clarke is wigan through and through, any Aspull lad (except Sean Long) is a Wiganer. Why would he support St Helens just because of his dad? you're stupid and your rumours are dire.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

I know how you feel mate but he has to disguise his love for wigan some way you cant be right all the time and this is the perfect cover up...... :wink:
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

20 points should be enough, and we are halfway there, as long as we suffer no points deductions for salary cap breaches.
To win something we would need to be able to beat Saints, and while I could see us winning one game if their attention is elsewhere or they rest players or have lots of men out, we are not in their league.
The reality, though, is that no one else is in their league.

Of the other 11 teams, I think Leeds and Bradford are the only 2 teams I am certain will finish above us, and in both cases that is because they can win games more easily than we can. In Bradford's case it through size and power, and in Leeds' case it is because they seem to have more strength in depth and have a wide range of attacking options, as I think last night showed.

We are going better than I feared this year. I could not understand why we went into the year with seemingly 2 props and no goal kicker. O'Carroll and Richards have delivered in spades.

While he is no Brett Kenny, Barrett is already showing that he can be the best 5/8 we have seen since. And Leuluai is improving - his potential is huge.

Very encouraging indeed.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Oh, and the last time I spoke to Phil he was still a big Wigan fan. Though that was about 6 weeks ago.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

wasn't it wining try at old trafford?

anyway i think a cow just whizzed past the window :eh: very strange.

c'mon, clarkey, is pure meat and potato, he isnt a pasty! he's a pie. it isn't hard to see, everything he calls seems to be FOR wigan :lol:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------