Re: Home strip away!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
Anyone know why we played in our home kit last night? I know they normally do this if the away shirt clashes with the other teams home shirt. But Leeds shirt was white, our black away one wouldnt clash with Leeds white one?
Leeds were at home and so should have worn their home strip. Of the two strips available Cherry and White is easier to distinguish from Blue than Black is - so we probably turned up expecting them to wear blue.

As much as I like the black shirt - I do prefer it when we wear our home strip!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Green

Post by Green »

But leeds don't have a blue home kit this year. Its either the white home one, or their dark blue/black one with yellow (similar to out away) shirt which is their away
Nine

Post by Nine »

Isn't still more of a change strip? I.e. the second strip that we use if we have to change from cherry and white because of a possible clash?

I know it gets referred to as the "away strip" - presumably because we only ever wear it away from home - but I thought the idea was to wear our "proper" colours - cherry and white - at all times if reasonably possible.

In fact I think we may have worn our "away" kit at home once when we drew a lower-league team in the cup a few years back and there was some problem (can't remember what) over their away strip, making it unavailable.
Squad number 18!
Little Miss

Post by Little Miss »

Maybe the black one was still in the wash?

:conf:
The good looking one!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Might have been a racism issue. If leeds won (white) then that could show superiority.

but on a more reasonable theorem... My thinking is that we only use the black if our 'home' kit clashes... eg Salford, Saints, Hull KR (to play)... think back to Quins (x2) last year we were in home kit.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Little Miss

Post by Little Miss »

ancientnloyal posted:
Might have been a racism issue. If leeds won (white) then that could show superiority.

but on a more reasonable theorem... My thinking is that we only use the black if our 'home' kit clashes... eg Salford, Saints, Hull KR (to play)... think back to Quins (x2) last year we were in home kit.
And I thought my response was bad............ :wink:
The good looking one!
Champions

Post by Champions »

Nine posted:
Isn't still more of a change strip? I.e. the second strip that we use if we have to change from cherry and white because of a possible clash?

I know it gets referred to as the "away strip" - presumably because we only ever wear it away from home - but I thought the idea was to wear our "proper" colours - cherry and white - at all times if reasonably possible.

In fact I think we may have worn our "away" kit at home once when we drew a lower-league team in the cup a few years back and there was some problem (can't remember what) over their away strip, making it unavailable.
True, was against Catalans in 2005. The clud had only really got it's act together ready for SL the year after, but still didn't have an away shirt. Due to their home kit containing red, we had to play in our blue away kit.
........and on the 8th day, God made Wigan Warriors!
Green

Post by Green »

Little Miss posted:
Maybe the black one was still in the wash?

:conf:
I vote that one :tong:
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Champions posted:
Nine posted:

True, was against Catalans in 2005. The clud had only really got it's act together ready for SL the year after, but still didn't have an away shirt. Due to their home kit containing red, we had to play in our blue away kit.
CORRECT IT WAS my daughter was mascot for this game ,cant be many mascots who had to wear the away kit at home cost me a small fortune but was worth every penny ,Newton was captain and she walked out with him,i have it on DVD if you want to watch it again it was the Challenge cup game we scrapped threw ,thing wild scored the winning try in the stands .We played at the shed in the next round and that game is written in the history book
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
Nobby`s Girl posted:
Anyone know why we played in our home kit last night? I know they normally do this if the away shirt clashes with the other teams home shirt. But Leeds shirt was white, our black away one wouldnt clash with Leeds white one?
Only a woman could ask that :roll: :lol:
Cheeky :tong:

you mean to say you didnt notice!

Mike Binder....is there an age limit to be a mascot? :lol:
yes but i think you will get away with it
lol
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME