Same Old Wigan.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
lancaster077

Same Old Wigan.

Post by lancaster077 »

Well i dont know about the rest of you but im sick and tired of mediocure rugby and inconsistancy reeking from the Warriors.As soon as superleague was introduced Wigan have not been consistant, unlike Bradford,Leeds and Saints win nearly every week and play an exiting brand of rugby, this i feel is down to the board and a cancer that needs cutting out of the club,this cancer is Maurice Lindsey who cannot manage the salary cap to save his life, too many mediocure players = mediocure and inconsistant rugby its as simple as that.You could have the best coach in the world but if the players are not good enough,dishing out 2 year contracts to players and signing very old Aussies and getting rid of young players so they can come back and bite you in the ass just because they cant fit under the salary cap.
Beat Leeds then loose to Huddersfield what a joke and its going to be like this untill people are removed from certain areas of the club e.g Scouts,youth policy,some of the board and of course Lindsey.

p.s Im dreading watching them on Friday my prediction will be another defeat.

Laters.
fitzy

Re: Same Old Wigan.

Post by fitzy »

good point, and the only we can hope to win anything this season is by finding some form and at the minute its all stop start.cmon wigan find some form!! :angry:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I think one of the main problems Wigan have lancaster is we cant finish games off... put games to bed etc... I know obviously not against Hudeersfield today but in general... when wwas the last time we did that, put a game to bed? Salford? only then Salford were still 3 tries in it but its the cloests thing we've had all season to that kind of performance.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Laura-xo

Post by Laura-xo »

I hope we win on friday :exc:
I think that we will but i expect Nobby's gonna give them all a good kick up the back side at training! I won't be suprised if he calls in extra hours and cancels their day off on wednesday :lol:
Hope he does, they don't deserve a day off with a performance like that!
Loyal Supporters

He goes to the lefttt,
He goes to the riiiightt,
Mark Calderwood,,

Richards is Superman
honestly!
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

we could not win a one horse race if we where the only horse in it
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior »

Consistancy is the key here. On our day we are capable of beating anybody, as was proved on tuesday v's Leeds.

Then to back that up with the performance at Hudds just isnt good enough. OK credit to hudds they are a decent enough team, and their league position isnt were they should be, but from what people have told me that went today, it isnt the fact that we lost, but the manner in which that loss came about.

I wouldnt suprise me if we had a good win on friday v Wakey, but I hate to say it, it wouldnt be a shock if we lost either.

I think things will only change for the good when Maurice leaves the club. He has in the past done so much good for this great club, but the times have passed him by now, and he will no longer be remembered for building this club in to the biggest and best in the world, but he will be remembered for bringing it down.

Maurice, its time to go now. If you love the club like you say you do, do us all a favour and step aside. When Dean Bell was there, I felt that we had the right man for the job waiting in the wings to take over. But sadly, he walked.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

ultimate warrior posted:
Consistancy is the key here. On our day we are capable of beating anybody, as was proved on tuesday v's Leeds.

Then to back that up with the performance at Hudds just isnt good enough. OK credit to hudds they are a decent enough team, and their league position isnt were they should be, but from what people have told me that went today, it isnt the fact that we lost, but the manner in which that loss came about.

I wouldnt suprise me if we had a good win on friday v Wakey, but I hate to say it, it wouldnt be a shock if we lost either.

I think things will only change for the good when Maurice leaves the club. He has in the past done so much good for this great club, but the times have passed him by now, and he will no longer be remembered for building this club in to the biggest and best in the world, but he will be remembered for bringing it down.

Maurice, its time to go now. If you love the club like you say you do, do us all a favour and step aside. When Dean Bell was there, I felt that we had the right man for the job waiting in the wings to take over. But sadly, he walked.
I wondered how long it would be before somebody blamed today on Mo :conf:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

We are not a good team. Why people keep thinking we are is beyond me. We may not have dominated SL BUT we were a good team until about 2003 onwards. We were a top 4 team. We beat everyone out of the top 4 easily BUT we had many very good players. We lost those and now the Top 4 has become Top 3. We are part of the mediocre pack that makes up most of SL. Our players are not good enough to be able to fail to do the basics right and not have to work incredibly hard. We are a long way off the Top 3 BUT then so are the rest of SL.
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

Im just sick and tired of going to games on a high from the week before and coming away with an empty feeling this is why i started this thred, its simple you win you build on it thats how teams get momentum to win more games and before you know it its halfway through the season and first second or even third is possible but not Wigan 1 win 3 defeats 3 wins 2 defeats that is the way its going to be all season.

Untill pride is restored amongst players, enthusiasm going through the roof, changes are made in the backroom staff and Maurice either learns how to work the salary cap or leaves, Wigan wont win a thing and be a mid table side in super league and we shouldent stand for it.
Thats the botton line.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:conf: Not sure what to say.

I grew up watching the great Wigan team and I know it probably sounds big headed BUT I knew that provided we turned up and played we would win every match. Forget the notion about other teams being rubbish. They were not BUT we had a great team.

Now I never feel confident. I carry the hope of a loyal fan as you do and quite frankly that is all we have at this present time. If we improve the first team players ( the present group are not good enough) then we may have a chance because I can tell you this OUR juniors are better than anywhere else. They just need a SL team that is strong enough for them to come through.