Complete lunacy.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Complete lunacy.

Post by ian.birchall »

That is the only way to describe the decision to get rid of Luke Robinson. Any one who was at Wakefield last season, when again we were playing like a dog at the beginning of the season, and saw Robinson and Hock win the game for us will know that this lad was a top talent in the making.
Sorry to harp on about it but I am sure that all this trouble started with Maurice getting into a macho power thing with Hull over Orr last season and now with Briscoe at Hull and Robinson going you know who had the last laugh.
What worries me just as much and may explain all these departures is the Parrammatta club wishing Vaelaeki bon voyage saying that this was his chance, and I quote, 'to set himself up for life'!! What are we paying him?
Unless Maurice pulls a rabbit out of the hat and signs a top top class scrum half and that means either Long, Kimmorley or Johns this move has to be several steps back and harsh action will be needed to bring home to the club how p*ss*d off with the club this makes a lot of fans.
As an extreme Tory I bit the bullet and spent the European elections working hard for UKIP in a perhaps vain effort to bring a mainstream party to its senses. This sale, no we got no money for him even as a 20 year old so it was a giveaway, may just have to be met by me not taking up my 2 season tickets next season for the first time since 1978 and you have little idea how much pain that will give me but something must be done to bring the club to its senses.
:angry: :angry:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
robjoenz

Re: Complete lunacy.

Post by robjoenz »

I agree that Robinson showed much talent last season. He was developing well as he interchanged with Lammy, pretty similar to how Leeds used to bring on Danny McGuire now and again for a couple of seasons. The problem came when Lam got injured, up until then Luke got nothing but praise. This season he was in too deep and didn't perform, but that doesn't mean he's a bad player, he just needed nurturing a bit more.

I bet he doesn't play for the rest of the season now, same as Hodgy, reason being (as Mario said) Lindsay won't give them the chance incase they play well and it makes him look stupid. I don't think Maurice can be bothered with discussing new players contracts he just rushes in with the money like he did with Orr. He did exactly the same with Vaealiki. It was in RL World magazine that Lindsay beat Saints offer by doubling his Paramatta wages. We've also signed the aging prop Davico who has no representative honours at Origin or National level but I bet he'll be on a fair wage too.

In my opinion the sooner Lindsay goes and someone sensible takes over the better. If we continue to sign (old) players on over the top wages at the expense of two or more young players we are never going to retain our dominancy. I really thought that these next few seasons would see us take over at the top but now because of this pillock I'm not so sure.