Highs and Lows v Wakey

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butt monkey

Re: Highs and Lows v Wakey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan posted:
Butt he had a good game and you need to understand rugby before you comment. First. Defence. He was spotted and targetted by Wakey and yet he never let anybody down. Targeting opposition half backs when you have the ball is common place. Second, the first Wakey try was down to Paul Prescott. Ideally you should outnumber attackers on the blindside by 1 so 4 v 3 or 3 v 2. Prescott chose to stand open and left 2 defenders on the blindside covering 3 attackers when the play was yards from our line. Nobody can defend a 3 v 2 so close to your own line.
I agree with your comment re: targeting opposite halfbacks. As for the good game, his kicking - tactically was very average, he more often than not shook his head with frustration over his kicks, so even HE felt they should have been better.

Someone else also mentioned the hospital passes, so I cannot be the only one (they did come from LuLu).

So perhaps it is you, who need to understand rugby a little more before your pompous attitude in your posts.

This is the highs and LOWS thread
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

How many intercept passes did he throw? How many bad kicks did he make? 1 intercept ? I can only recall one kick that went straight to a defender. The only pompous person is somebody commenting when they know absolutely nothing.

He kicked a great touch finder, he picked up some awful passes with ease, he gave barrett good fast service despite having to deal with poor slow passes from mIllard (who otherwise had a good game)
jammie

Post by jammie »

noboddy had a bad game tonight,barrets passing was fantastic,ashton showed why he was player of the year last season.the forwards made good yards,and bossed things up front,and to critersice lulu for the odd risky pass is being a bit picky when you think that wakefield stood off side or not square at the play the ball for most of the night and in his face almost before he got his hands on the ball.some of the refereeing decicions were rather strange but we are WIGAN so do we now expect anything different.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

The King

Post by The King »

The only pompous person is somebody commenting when they know absolutely nothing.
:o Hmmm with a post like that I know who is pompous and it is not Butt Monkey :lol: :lol: :lol:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:wink: I was trying to be polite to Butt Monkey. I cannot help it if he knows nothing :)
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan posted:
How many intercept passes did he throw? How many bad kicks did he make? 1 intercept ? I can only recall one kick that went straight to a defender. The only pompous person is somebody commenting when they know absolutely nothing.

He kicked a great touch finder, he picked up some awful passes with ease, he gave barrett good fast service despite having to deal with poor slow passes from mIllard (who otherwise had a good game)
Before this turns into a slanging match, I am entitled to my own opinion. LuLu WAS our poorest player (in my opinion) out there tonight. If you felt he was so spectacularly good, then that sums up how fantastic the rest of the players were, end of.

You claim to know something? who are you, Ellery, Edwards, Monie, Jack Gibson. I know many intelligent rugby league players, but I have also met a great deal who were exactly the opposite, so what gives you the great opinion that what you say must be correct? Are you Bentham? As for the spiteful comment "that I know nothing", my friend, it is vacuous comments like that, that identify you as pompous, not prepared to listen to other peoples thoughts without making childish comments.

You mention he kicked a great touch finder - he did, but as you like to dismiss with my comments - it was only the one. Lets agree to disagree, who did you think was our poorest tonight?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan posted:
Lows - We lost control mid first half through trying to play razzle dazzle too early. Prescott, still looks lightweight and his error in going open instead of blind cst us the first Wakey try. The disciline issue is a hard one. I cannot fathom Bentham therefore I am loathe to criticise the players.
I think you are being a bit unfair on Prescott given other more illustrious players made some errors tonight also. I think Lockes gave away three penalties tonight and that stupid pass out of the back door in the first half was just ridiculous. He should know better, Prescott is a rookie. And not I am not having a go at Lockers just pointing out the inequity in your statement as I see it.
Highs - So many. We sored some splendid tries. People can say what they want BUT Ashton will be sadly missed. He adds so much to our attack.
Totally agree. Withers would never have scored that last try in a million years.
He is always supporting players and offers trent an option and combines uperbly with Calders. Caldrs was much better tonight. Richards kicking was awesome. Goulding showd what he has to offer at sucha tender age. He could be something special if we keep him and bring him on. Trent looked fit.
His second try with those stpes was worth the money on its own.
Both he and lu lu were lively. Lockers gave everything. Hock was a constant threat. Fletcher had his best game of the season. Feka was strong. We saw Fielden of old at times.
Agree with that but when Lockers gives his all he needs to not over step the mark.

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Poorest tonight was Paul Prescott.

Sorry BUT if you post nonsense then I will respond. Yes you are entitled to your opinion BUT if it makes you look idiotic then maybe I am doing you a favour.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Dave, I just do not see Prescott coming through to make it. I see something in O'Carroll. Tonight Prescott looked 'dopey' and struggled as to where he should line up in defence and getting back in time. He nearly pushed a player from wakey over for a try at one point in the first half and caused a try. Was it prescott that knocked on v Leeds and simply let the opposition pick the ball up and would have scored BUT for a fabulous tackle by Lu Lu?

The penalties I found hard to blame anybody. I am not sure it is not just pure random bad luck with a referee like Bentham.

Lockers, he narked me with his missed penalty kick to touch. He worked his behind off in defence and in the second half I liked the passing moves when Lu lu, Barrett and lockers all played on the same side of the POTB. Very often they do not do so. I was very happy to see Fletcher look like his old self.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Found a dummy on the floor, anyone spat it out? :lol: :lol: :roll:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered