Barrett or Kenny?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Barrett or Kenny?

Post by cpwigan »

Your right Lucky. Mick Scott might have been sub.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

yes mick scott could well have been good shout forgot about him :blush:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

And if anyone wants to see highlights of the 1985 cup final... thanks to Youtube you can... all the tries...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VPpedShy2K4

Amazing game

Ray French: "As they say in the North, this guy can sidestep on a thretnybit" (Ferguson)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Arthur Bunting?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Bugsyoz

Post by Bugsyoz »

Yes, it is too early to tell. Trent has dominated the Aussie scene for many many years. So much so that he was picked out of position at half back for NSW and at hooker for Australia, just to get him in those sides...when we all know he plays his best football at 5/8. Clearly shown in all it's glory by winning the player of the year in 2000...this after shifting to 5/8 once Mundine left S Illawarra mid season.

Give it time, difficult for you to make such a decision at this early stage of his Wigan career. He passing and kicking game is far better than Kenny's ever was. Kenny has the better movement on his feet.

Bring it on.....

Bugsyoz
Keep_The_Faith

Post by Keep_The_Faith »

Doug Stand posted:
lucky 13 posted:
juliff played on the wing because fergie had gone home he scored our first try ,don't think they dropped a goal doug it was only three for a try then I think ? god can't remember ,another moment of the game came back to me donlan getting held up when it would have been easier to score mind you he only looked 12 stone wet through
It was definately 4 for a try then. This was 1985. The 4 for a try came in in the 83/84 season.
and they definately dropped a goal. Paul Harkin I think, could have been Miller though thinking about it...

Anyhoooooo remember the Donlan incident, but remember the next plat to that saw Greame West basketball style pass to Henderson Gill to score the match winning try.
Stephenson landed the goal which made them need to score twice, but that game finshed out 18-11.

The irony that we talk about this game, I still bvelieve was Kenny's worst for Wigan.

He only came into the match once to note. I seem to recall he himself said he was nervous for that game and would have rather have endured an 80mins bus ride instead... odd quote but it sticks in my mind.

Still he more than made up for it in the final.

The best thing about his try in the final, is that he was too fast for Alex Murphy to summerise about. He ended up rambling about Hull wishing he had his hands in his pockets, lost all sense and then just said but what a great player. Very Funny Alex.
what Murph said was this"I SAW HIM COMING DOWN THE TUNNEL AND HE SEEMED TO BE CARRYING A LEG", Ferguson scores and then Murph splutters "I BET HULL WISH, I BET WISH HULL, I BET THEY WISH HE WAS CARRYING A LEG NOW" I will never forget it.
"They just came to the club.I was there training in the Under 13's. They told us we had to stop playing Rugby 13. They took our kit and even the balls". 1942 unknown French rugby league player. Never forget.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

ancientnloyal posted:
And if anyone wants to see highlights of the 1985 cup final... thanks to Youtube you can... all the tries...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VPpedShy2K4

Amazing game

Ray French: "As they say in the North, this guy can sidestep on a thretnybit" (Ferguson)
Brilliant thanks for posting the link. Just before French says the thretnybit thing he was going to say what a magnificent try but thought he would change it to majestic but ended up making a new word up "magjestic". What a numpty :lol:
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Ok the big question did Kenny throw that pass in the saints game to lose the game deliberately , never been sure although I did here once that he admitted it or was it just made up because no one could believe he could make such a mistake , I was at the game but I just saw the ball go to ground thats if it was the rite incident ??
Does this not diminish his image and quality as a player and sports man and also the respect we should pay him ?? after all it is a longesque type thing to do

Or do we turn a blind eye and just remember the good things he did if it was true anyway of coarse.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Kenny argues that he did not throw the match BUT he could not fathom the logic of playing a match after the final and underestimated the importance of the match. He treated it akin to a friendly.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

i do not believe Kenny could have thrown the game but Shawn Edwards would argue the other way. I for one want to remember him for the magic he showed us all in his short stay in this country
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White