RL in South Wales

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Warrior Wills

RL in South Wales

Post by Warrior Wills »

This is a first for me. Sadly can't go to the game tonight cos I am in Bridgend in south wales visiting family. I am about to venture out into the great unknown withe the cherry and white on. Hopefully I can get to watch the game on sky in one of the pubs down here. So far today I have only seen people wearing kick and clap shirts. I have targeted O'Neills because it has a giant screen in there, but there is also a pub called the Welcome Inn which could be suitable choice. I should of got some advice from Welsh Warrior or Cardiff Warrior about drinking / RL dens in South Wales!! Maybe I should wear my NSW shirt ?

Will report back later , if sober enough!!

This is Warrior Wills BBC News Bridgend ! :wink:
Fraggle

Re: RL in South Wales

Post by Fraggle »

Warrior Wills posted:
I have targeted O'Neills
I missed the game as well, but it sounds Wigan should have taken your advice and also targetted some O'Neills, because the match reports suggest we didn't do a very good job at that :(
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Not out tonight 'cause I only get paid on Tue but am also not very sober so my match interpretation could be very wrong, and I may come across angry...

Hope you didn't find anywhere to watch that match to be honest, it would have been a complete waste of your time and I don't say that on many occassions.
I'm still hopeful that we'll get to the final but maybe that's just my positive nature. Were we just saving ourselves for leeds??
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Welsh Warrior

Post by Welsh Warrior »

Hello Warrior Wills. I would have thought that you would have had quite a good welcome in Bridgend with the cherry and white on and hopefully you managed to watch the game. I would have thought you would find somewhere with the game on. RL is getting more and more popular in South Wales especially in Bridgend with the success of the Blue Bulls. Bridgend is also the home town of quite a few players who have played RL. Kevin Ellis, Scott Gibbs, John Deveraux to name a few. If you are ever in town again let me know and I will try and point you in the direction of some pubs. I live just up the road in Cardiff and if you or anyone on this site are in town let me know and maybe we can meet up and watch the game together or just meet for a beer. Not drinking with that MrsLam though. She sounds nuts. Only kidding MrsLam.
Welsh Warrior

Post by Welsh Warrior »

Hello Warrior Wills. I would have thought that you would have had quite a good welcome in Bridgend with the cherry and white on and hopefully you managed to watch the game. I would have thought you would find somewhere with the game on. RL is getting more and more popular in South Wales especially in Bridgend with the success of the Blue Bulls. Bridgend is also the home town of quite a few players who have played RL. Kevin Ellis, Scott Gibbs, John Deveraux to name a few. If you are ever in town again let me know and I will try and point you in the direction of some pubs. I live just up the road in Cardiff and if you or anyone on this site are in town let me know and maybe we can meet up and watch the game together or just meet for a beer. Not drinking with that MrsLam though. She sounds nuts. Only kidding MrsLam.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

We'll be there on August 27th next year!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Not drinking with that MrsLam though. She sounds nuts. Only kidding MrsLam.
:eh:! Not at all I'm "quiet and shy" hehehe
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Warrior Wills

Post by Warrior Wills »

Before I start to type I am sorry for any spelling mistakes etc... Just returned from Jules O'Neills again. Well I got to see that poor display of a match, in the welcome inn sports bar. But went to O'Neills after game with Wigan shirt on and got a get reception from locals in there. Plus, I have to say it was a great night as it was also tonight. The extra cold Guinness is to die for!!

I must admit though there are more RL fans down here that meets the eye! I am sure Craig Quinnell and Scott Gibbs were in O'Neills tonight. plus, there was a bloke wearing a Bribane Broncos shirt - bonus!!

Pay no attention Mrs Lam you can come and enjoy a few scoops with me anytime. Hopefully we could persuade Fraggle to come along, we could have a drunken chin wang about rugby/beatles cartoon etc...

Will have to sign off one too many ness a guins agin!! :sigh:

DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

I was down in Wales this weekend too, went to Llanelli v Wasps at Stradey on Friday (bit dull) and then watched us in a pub in Haverfordwest on Saturday night (not dull but traumatic)...have always found league to be popular in Wales (especially since it stopped stealing the best Welsh union players)