Anderson on Klein!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
OAMJSONA

Re: Anderson on Klein!!!!

Post by OAMJSONA »

we can go on for ever about how bad referees are , but it does not matter when at this point in time we have to accept that we are simply not good enough to beat the part time scousers
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

cpwigan posted:
Thought he was rubbish Geoff. Not convinced about the try when Calderwood kicked the ball away. Why did he not refer it to the video referee :conf:

I have given up on officials though and now even the NRL is being ruined. :(
was disgusted at that, nearly threw Sky remote at the TV, i couldn't believe when he gave the penalty for laying on/messing about at the play the ball, when you could see the Stains player's arm wrapped around our players leg (can't remember who they where, might of been the first penalty), and there was many more they seemed to get away with, as a Rugby League showcase it was pathetic.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

When people sat the referee made no difference I can understand why they say that BUT in the first half the early exchanges were going okay and then we started conceding penalties and they got a roll on. Combine those penalties and the forward passes missed and YES officials are important as to how the game progressed.

If the players are guilty I would hammer them too. I thought Fletcher was stupid re his penalty.
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

GeoffN posted:
but most importantly, he was the same for both sides.
:conf: ??? the same? I am sure the video ref usage was?! Again despite comments from Rob about the referee using touch judges to help in forward passes, if the ref cannot see it, it is proved absolute rubbish again, as there were ridiculous forward passes allowed and hardly consistent. I don't blame Ashton complaining about the inconsistency of clown, but he as the last line of defense showed his inexperience then and maybe without one of those Wellens tries were stopped we may have had a bit more belief to win at the time.

These games are won on border line decisions and refeering/touch judging standards are worse, not improved from them going professional, which is a baffling word to me. Remember the calamity of Klein's first sky match of the season and his rulings then, professional is far at the other end of a scale to describe him in particular.

As for our performance, we did nothing to support Higham or Millard going forward and Leuluai had no idea of where he was running and i thought, he (in some parts!!) played as bad as Moran for us. This lack of support running denied Barrett the space and time of a platform to attack and create a lot more attack and keep the saints quieter.

We know defence wins games, but we can't expect 28 rounds of those tactics to win against particularly attack minded teams. This is something we have lacked for a number a years, the ability to mix up defense and attack and using your head playing territory. Barrett does it to some extent, but he can't be expected to do it himself and we need more natural leaders out there and Barrett is one and i don't see too many other than Fletcher really.

I think we defend reasonably enough, i just don't think we have enough ideas going forward and tactically we need more plans, especially for different teams as all 12 SL teams are very different in style and this must be accounted for.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The problem with Rob is that he believes if your wrists are turned a certain way then the pass will always be backwards. :) Unfortunately your body position is equally important as is time of release.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Wasn't surprised in the slightest by klein's performance - he just isn't a very good referee. Plain and simple.

For anderson to complain about the referee just shows how much preferential treatment his side gets - apparently it is still not enough for him.

Klein abandoned the standing square at the play of the ball rule and it seemed that stains had a right to lie on as long as they liked. Long should have gone to the bin for lying on when Wigan broke - however he didn't even give a penalty. Leon Pyrce (who seems to have taken over Hooper's mantle as the dirtiest player in SL) should have gone to the bin for the trip. It was dangerous, it was intentional, it was a professional foul - what is the sin bin for if not that?

There were large amounts of lying on and interference at the POTB by stains - especially when we got to close to their line and as for Wellen's try - even eddie thought that he should have gone to the screen.

It may not have changed the outcome - however it doesn't make it any more acceptable
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

they weren't as bad as usual yesterday but they play off side at the play the ball all the time
Laura-xo

Post by Laura-xo »

cpwigan posted:
I think St Helens break the rules brilliantly. They throw more forward passes than anybody else too. They also surrender to get quick play of the balls so frequently that it is not in the spirit of the game.
And obstruct and get away with it!!
Loyal Supporters

He goes to the lefttt,
He goes to the riiiightt,
Mark Calderwood,,

Richards is Superman
honestly!
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

Matthew posted:
Leon Pryce (who seems to have taken over Hooper's mantle as the dirtiest player in SL) should have gone to the bin for the trip. It was dangerous, it was intentional, it was a professional foul - what is the sin bin for if not that?
Leon Pryce taken over from Hooper, wasn't he dirty before he even moved to Saints!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

I counted at least 6 times where the marker tackled a Wigan player are Wigan slow playing the ball or was the marker offside?????